Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine wimax pushy sales reps

Options
  • 12-07-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i had a guy call to my door this evening trying to sell me imagine wimax but his figures dont add up! at the door he told me the unlimited 7mb broadband bundle with anytime calls cost only €35/month but it is in fact €45/month!

i asked about the cost specifically as it seemed very good and he confirmed €35/month,

beaware! these guys are lying about the savings to get you signed up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Maybe you were getting a special introduction offer etc You should have signed the contract at that rate let them worry about the difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Maybe you were getting a special introduction offer etc You should have signed the contract at that rate let them worry about the difference!
    thought about that so i asked and he told me they were the same rates as advertised online, but salesman told me they would not sign me up over the phone as there were sales agents in the area, at this point i told him to "get away from my door" and handed back all the information flyers i had taken from him:)

also you would not be signing at €35/month but at the correct higher rate of €45/month which is still cheaper than eircom but dearer than vodafone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Plus wimax is a pretty poor service so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Plus wimax is a pretty poor service so far.

Wimax is a technology, not a company or a service. Imagine's implementation of a nomadic Wimax service is prone to issues, that does not mean that Wimax is in general poor. A proper fixed Wimax service will rival DSL, and is being operated by at least one ISP in Ireland. Imagine do not operate such a service.

Advertisement