Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RMA'ing a hard drive?

• 12-07-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭

I RMA'd a Western Digital Raptor a few years ago and if memory serves me correctly I just wrapped it up in bubble wrap and put it in a padded envelope. All went well and I got a new hard drive in the post a couple of weeks later. I'm RMA'ing a 2.5" WD hard drive but I see they now have some nonsense on their site about particular packaging

Can this type of packaging even be bought in Ireland? Anyone RMA any brand of hard drive recently, if so what kind of packaging did you use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Rma'd a raptor to them last week in a padded envelope & bubble wrap ;)
    New one is in Brussels on the way to me now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Grand so I'm just gonna do it the old fashioned way so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why? Get them to send you the replacement hard drive first. They will put a hold on your credit card and ship the new one out. You then have 30 days from the RMA date to send your faulty one back. Send it back in the box they send you out.

Bubble wrap and a padded envelope is not sufficient for shipping a hard drive. It does nothing to stop Shock, which is a big factor in hard drive failure.

Advertisement