Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant install it

Options
  • 12-07-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

hi, i recently purchased football manager 2010 and i cant seem to find it when i put it into the computer. It doesnt auto load and i dont know what to do. i put it into another computer and it started loading what can i do to fix this. Both computers are pretty much the same spec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Click Start => Games....the icon to run it should be in there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Click Start > My computer and you should see it under "Devices with removable storage" i.e your disk drive.

Hope thats what you mean anyway! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

nope found it nowhere had to use steam to download it. Is there any sound/music in the game apart from the players kicking the ball lol

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

I'm having this prob too.

I have fm2010 since it came out and had it installed on last pc and no probs. I got a new HP recently with win7 64bit etc, and the game will just not load, I've tried the steam way, and the dvd with nothing.

I get a window from steam after installing saying "preparing to launch" and nothing. From the dvd I tried installing and it starts and I get a Java window and nothing.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Just tried install on laptop with xp and is installing no probs, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm having this prob too.

I have fm2010 since it came out and had it installed on last pc and no probs. I got a new HP recently with win7 64bit etc, and the game will just not load, I've tried the steam way, and the dvd with nothing.

I get a window from steam after installing saying "preparing to launch" and nothing. From the dvd I tried installing and it starts and I get a Java window and nothing.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Just tried install on laptop with xp and is installing no probs, weird.

Weird, try compatability mode.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Weird, try compatability mode.

Tried xp and vista inc service packs and nothing.

I get the installation window and counts to 100%, then Java window pops up and stays there. I have the latest Java and MS .net downloads too, pc specs are fine too, quad core, 4gb ram, win 7 64bit, it works fine on old Centrino powered laptop, but a bit slow.

I have also tried all the usual 'run as administrator' and compatability settings, and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

If you download Steam then you can sign into your account with your username and just download the game again.

Thanks, but I had done but nothing either.

Last night I had a tech mate over and he had a look at the system, he found a problem with Java, so we removed it and cleaned with ccleaner. I reinstalled Java, and the problem came back, but seeing as the pc is new and haven't really loaded much on it, the only option was to recover it and FM installed perfectly, I haven't reinstalled Java, I presume the installation done that.

The Java I had installed was Ver:jre-6u21-windows-i586-iftw-rv

The strange thing is that our other identical pc here has this Java version loaded, and FM installed okay.

Anyways happy now that I can use FM again.

Advertisement