Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eeek! is there a possibility???

• 12-07-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i was due my period on Monday 5th of july (im always bang on time!!!) but I still havent gotten it! me and my boyfriend fooled around on thursday the 2nd of july and friday the 3rd of july (we didnt have actual intercourse either times but there was no penetration or contraception used)...

anyway, i took a clearblue digital pregnancy test (dont worry, im not advertising, but i hear its the most reliable) on friday the 9th of july and it turned out negative.

if i was to be really pregnant, the 2nd and the 3rd wouldve been the last times we were intimate! would it have been too soon for a pregnancy test to pick it up on friday the 9th? (sorry for my lack of knowledge, but there is a possibility of getting pregnant if there is no penetration?!)

im NEVER this late with my period! i dont think my body feels any different...im quite tired this week but ive also had a busy couple of days. but im not gettin menstrual cramps or any thing the way i usually do. there's nothing major in my life at the moment that could be stressing me out (i dont think so anyway)... I have been feeling nauseous in the mornings for the past few weeks but I got that before about 4 years ago too...and neither my sister or my mother had much morning sickness when they were pregnant!

is there any experts who can give me some information?? i havent told anyone and dont know where to start on the internet (and some times its even not that reliable)!!!!
    (by the way, i am 25 years old if thats any help :)

please reply with ANYTHING you think! THANKS :) x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Just to be clear have you had any sex at all even with protection? Not sure from your post whether you have or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 25bubbles

we did about 6 weeks ago! and i had gotten my period since then! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It sounds unlikely that you would be pregnant if you fooled around that close to your period and if you had gotten pregnant from the intercourse 6 weeks ago I'm sure a pregnancy test would show up positive by now.

Give it another couple of days. Even worrying that you might be pregnant can be enough stress to delay your period. It might just be a blip in your cycle either.

If you're worried, go and see your gp. They will be able to do a urine and blood test to check to see if you are pregnant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Agree with above poster. If you haven't had sex in 6 weeks then the test would be positive by now. Not sure whether your idea of fooling around and mine are the same but it would be unlikely you could get pregnant without penetration. Would say you have nothing to worry about but if no period in a few days go to doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Get a hold of the book "Taking charge of your fertility" is is almost criminal to have so little knowledge about your body and how and when pregnancy occurs at the age of 25.

• Advertisement
Advertisement