Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options
  • 12-07-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

It's time for Inferno 11!

After settling into the new game and getting seedings fixed, it's time for another change. A new location could to some new top finishers.

The tournament will be held in Space 54, which is in Smithfield Square. We're only starting out in this venue so we need all the help we can get. Head over to this thread and let us know if you can help out.

There is a €5 entry fee, with the tournament costing €10 to enter. So €15 total for one hell of a day. Ramza has a free pass to the tournament which he won in the SFIE writing competition.

The tournament will kick off at 12:00. We will be open from 10:00 but there may be some set-up time while we get everything ready to rock.

Current Seedings :
    1) Cobelcog
    2) Bush
    3) Blag
    4) Azza
    4) AnimaX
    5) Gory snake
    6) Liquidswords
    6) The Hound
    9) New type
    9) Doctor Doom
    9) Ken B
    12) unky chop chop
    12) Placebo
    12) Kirby
    15) Owmykneecaps
    15) D4RK Onion

Due to the fact that he has left the country for at least a year, fake_roogle has been left out of the seeding list. Depending on the attendance of the seeds, play-offs will be used to separate the seeds on equal points.

I do believe this covers everything. Rules to follow.

Get Hype?

Will you be attending 30 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    RyPlacebobushA-TrakayjayirlchopperbyrneK.O.KikiDoctor DooMKirbyanimaXBlood-MartyrDreddybajsSairusD4RK ONIONRed350OwwmykneecapBanjoBFoamyMushroomYrevalRamza 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Tournament Rules and Format.

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will not be performed for the first Super Street fighter 4 Tournament.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

Should we get 64 attendants, the tournament will be run with pools rather than groups. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    Isn't 12 a little early?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Ramza wrote: »
    Isn't 12 a little early?

Nobody objected to an earlier start when asked about it.

No
    Nobody objected to an earlier start when asked about it.

I must have missed that, where was it asked/suggested?
    :(

No
    Ramza wrote: »
    I must have missed that, where was it asked/suggested?
    :(

The Inferno Ten thread. It was kept well bumped at the time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It was also mentioned in the alternate venue.

Unfortunately it's the only way we can the tournament done in time. It's one of the downsides of what will hopefully be a nicer place to run the tournaments.

No
    No worries, I didn't see it/look through those threads a lot so it's my own fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Might actually get to this one!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

No
    Most probbably will come back up again for a bit of fun. Just a pity the Germany game was on during the last one :).

Maybe this time I might just win a round :)

The only problem I have is the time really. I'll get into Heuston at around 11:50/12:00 and I don't have a great knowledge of Dublin so It'll take me a while to find the new place. But I'll see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Yes, i finally get seeded for inferno!

Also, i propose to add a new rule: no mashing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Most probbably will come back up again for a bit of fun. Just a pity the Germany game was on during the last one :).

Maybe this time I might just win a round :)

The only problem I have is the time really. I'll get into Heuston at around 11:50/12:00 and I don't have a great knowledge of Dublin so It'll take me a while to find the new place. But I'll see what I can do.

It's about 10 minutes away on the luas.

i'll give you my phone no closer to the day and if you're having issues getting on time contact me. The lads are always good about wrangling round to suit people.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

No
    It's about 10 minutes away on the luas.

i'll give you my phone no closer to the day and if you're having issues getting on time contact me. The lads are always good about wrangling round to suit people.

Well if it on a luas stop , it shouldn't be much of a problem then :)

I'm sure I'll sort something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    I'll be there fo sho.

Should be able to give lifts to & fro on the day too if folk don't mind chipping in a € or 2 for petrol money.

Also, regards controller use.
    Last 2 tournies I was drawn with PS pad users, whilst I don't mind a jot what system I play on, I'd like to also play on my controller of choice, that being a stock TE.
    No offense to Dark Talents stick, but I won't be playing on other folks sticks if it's not a TE with Sanwas.

I don't mean to be an arsehole about it, it's just what I'm used to, and won't be told "A stick is a stick," similar to last time.
    If people have brought their own stick, and to be asked to play on a controller they aren't used to as there's none available on the PS3, to accomodate a PS3 pad player, doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    It's two luas stops from heuston towards town. It's not too much of a walk at all either from heuston.

@ramza if getting up is a problem could you come up the night before? One of us can put you up for sure if you don't mind a couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    right, W.I.P , too ages
    i dont have my tablet anymore so its quite rough but il try smooth things out.
    let me know what info to put in, map will also be included.
    inferno11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    A-Trak wrote: »
    I'll be there fo sho.

Should be able to give lifts to & fro on the day too if folk don't mind chipping in a € or 2 for petrol money.

Last 2 tournies I was drawn with PS pad users, whilst I don't mind a jot what system I play on, I'd like to also play on my controller of choice, that being a stock TE.
    No offense to Dark Talents stick, but I won't be playing on other folks sticks if it's not a TE with Sanwas.

I don't mean to be an arsehole about it, it's just what I'm used to, and won't be told "A stick is a stick," similar to last time.
    If people have brought their own stick, and to be asked to play on a controller they aren't used to as there's none available on the PS3, to accomodate a PS3 pad player, doesn't make sense.

This is a main reason why the tournament should be on one console like pretty much every other decent FG tournament is. Absolutely agreed by the way, I'm happy to play on whatever console if I can get a stock TE to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    Love the colours.

2 issues:

Dublin's not Dublins. (also I'm not a *spit* dubliner)

And perhaps Super SFIV in the backround needs to be seen more, like at the start of the word fighter where juri is.

The colour transition on the sf logo is sweet.

No
    A-Trak wrote: »
    I'll be there fo sho.

Just for the record all things being equal I usually bring a stock TE for both systems so I guess I should be the first person you ask because I can't use them both at the same time :)

There's a few sticks I won't use myself, and I would be among the "a sticks a stick" crew.

No
    And perhaps Super SFIV in the backround needs to be seen more, like at the start of the word fighter where juri is.

Yeah i was going to say that. While that logo is instantly recognisable to us, it may not be so for others.

No
    Love the colours.

2 issues:

Dublin's not Dublins. (also I'm not a *spit* dubliner)

The colour transition on the sf logo is sweet.

I think it's Fing awesome only I'd like the words "street fighter" to pop a little more.

I know that's what'd attract me.

• Advertisement

No
    ok thanks guys
    i will revisit it tonight and if settled we could use the same theme for the next posters, just different colors and characters

can some one tell me exactly what to put on the poster, the above type is just filler text. I dont want to touch this again after tonight.

thanks

No
    Inferno 11
    Super Street Fighter IV Tournament

Date & Time
    Price/Estimated prizepool

www.streetfighter.ie

Am I forgetting anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Couple of points on the poster:
    Super Street Fighter needs to be more prominent
    Entry fee / minimum prize should be listed (prize based on turnouts)
    Number the Inferno
    Inferno is not a league

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Savage poster Farz. You should try doing a website. I think you'd be good at it.

No
    Jim wrote: »
    Savage poster Farz. You should try doing a website. I think you'd be good at it.

Thanks Barry, I make websites for a living?
    Anyway poster updated at top
    http://www.iamjpg.com/inerno11b.jpg

please confirm details and any other comments,
    its not done yet, have to brush up on a few more things, pc in work cant handle A2 dimensions :/

edit: also il be moving the inferno type up and making date and location a bit larger,
    im not sure if theres space for a map and/or if the location details are sufficient enough

No
    Far as I can see all the details are correct, good stuff Farz. Was thinking the Super logo could be a bit more visible, but then again it looks good and it says Super SF4 below that anyway, so I think it works fine.

No
    I don't think €200 should be stated on the poster. Just say cash prizes or do what 'kneecap suggested with €€€s.

No
    Looks great farz.

What i haven't seen discussed is where the posters are gonna go and who will be putting them up etc.

No
    thanks folks, cash prizes seems kinda like , you win a 'ken' toy ?

there needs to be a few inside/outside space 54
    there needs to be one outside XGC if allowed
    and other gaming centers/cyber cafes

i will not be putting any up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    New one looks great, nice job Farz

Advertisement