Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

BanjoB wrote: »
    How far is parking away from the venue again lads???.

There is two free spots right outside the building. There is also the €10 day parking at the jameson distillery which would barely be a minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    wudnt smithfield square be closest, biggest place to park, its never full.
    its pay and display though, obviously
    and i think max everywhere is 3hrs so ull have to come back and top up

also is any1 printing the poster?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    ull have to come back and top up

Do this when Dan is calling for you for maximum effect.

Also, as farzipan says I don't mind coughing up a bit of cash if someone prints some posters but someone needs to do this for us, I would but, you know, Germany.

No
    reads.ie

A3 Colour - €8.26

i think both dan and ger said they know somewhere cheaper and 'printing' in ireland is not that expensive, shut me up fellas, shut....me....up

no point printing A4, looks small and pathetic.

No
    reads.ie

A3 Colour - €8.26

i think both dan and ger said they know somewhere cheaper and 'printing' in ireland is not that expensive, shut me up fellas, shut....me....up

We should get a few of both. Alot of places wouldn't let you put up an A3 poster.

A3 posters look legit though. At the very least, it'd look a bit more impressive to newcomers and would look good if we could do interviews in front of them (Ry asking the questions of course)/

• Advertisement

reads.ie

A3 Colour - €8.26

I wasn't looking for bigger. When I looked I was thinking more a long the lines of doing leaflets. I also wasn't looking at colour.

TBH that price seems fine to me. Tenner a pop for anyone that wants a souvenir and that will pay for a couple for XGC, Space 54 and anywhere else.

I don't have the time to get this done but if someone wants to do it, I'll defo take one for a souvenir.

No
    that would look nice, we need to put one up in XGC, anyone see the fifa one, lol.
    I'll as my friend who ive done posters for before, where he gets them done.
    Think they get them cheap because they get 5O or so done.

€8 is too expensive tbh.

edit: cant do leaflets, dublin city council will fine you , i think 5-1O euro per leaflet they find on the ground, new law. Its for promotions/nights out but would apply to us. Also leaflets are good to hand out to ppl walking down the street. No one walking down street dare challenge my chun !

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

No
    I wana poster :pac:!

Plus if anyone wants a hand setting up Ill be glad to help out =]

Yeah I heard about that fine, I think there's some way around but you're right the possibility just makes unviable. The leaflets I was thinking was to do them in game shops coming uo to supers realease. Get them done and ask the shops to give/point them out every time someone preprders/buys Super. Can still be fined though :(

Is €8 really too expensive? It's not astronomical for an A3 full colour poster.

As you say if we can get numbers then we could probably cut down on costs. How many would we need?

1 for XGC, 1 for Space 54 and maybe 3 more for the day, a couple for game shops? (How many? Gamestop should be okay, Game are very hard to get stuff in. Also mightn't do A3, need A4)
    Anywhere else?

No
    Orim wrote: »
    Yeah I heard about that fine, I think there's some way around but you're right the possibility just makes unviable. The leaflets I was thinking was to do them in game shops coming uo to supers realease. Get them done and ask the shops to give/point them out every time someone preprders/buys Super. Can still be fined though :(

Is €8 really too expensive? It's not astronomical for an A3 full colour poster.

As you say if we can get numbers then we could probably cut down on costs. How many would we need?

1 for XGC, 1 for Space 54 and maybe 3 more for the day, a couple for game shops? (How many? Gamestop should be okay, Game are very hard to get stuff in. Also mightn't do A3, need A4)
    Anywhere else?

People should ask in their respective colleges about an a4 poster.

I definitely want an A3 and I'll pay for one for xgc and space 54.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    FYI Reads pride themselves on being the cheapest printers in Ireland.

No
    i want one, so do you and brian,
    its cutting it close to be putting them up now, but would be nice to see them up. if game shops allow us

then
    2O will cost 6O

http://www.printing.ie/

3 euro a poster isnt bad, but would be nice to have people chip in for this. At the most 1O euros by 6 people

either way i dont fancy paying €25 for inferno after i make the poster too, every month :pac::pac::pac:

No
    i want one, so do you and brian,
    its cutting it close to be putting them up now, but would be nice to see them up. if game shops allow us

then
    2O will cost 6O

http://www.printing.ie/

3 euro a poster isnt bad, but would be nice to have people chip in for this. At the most 1O euros by 6 people

either way i dont fancy paying €25 for inferno after i make the poster too, every month :pac::pac::pac:

I would expect once the finances settle down post space 54 change it'd come from inferno's money itself. i'm certainly looking at it as a one off.

People should ask in their respective colleges about an a4 poster.

I definitely want an A3 and I'll pay for one for xgc and space 54.

I'd assumed colleges were all off so it wouldn't be worth it. I know I never went near college once the exams were finished.

Community fund is there to pay for posters (At least I assume this is something people would be willing to spend the money on) it's just a matter of getting it done.

Can we not get it done by e-mail and CC? Reads are open on Saturdays yeah? I could pick up the stuff before casuals on Saturday, if we can get them done by then. Start putting them then.

No
    yeah but reads is out of the question with the price in hand !
    €8 euro a poster is silly. Unless i read it wrong

www.reads.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Just email them for a quote on info@reads.ie

And might I suggest to get these posters out there BEFORE Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monoman117

No
    Is the tournament on xbox or ps3??

Monoman117 wrote: »
    Is the tournament on xbox or ps3??

There will be both consoles. It's looking like 5 xboxs to 3 PS3.

Welcome to the forums.

No
    nice... dont think i can play well on the ps3 to be honest me and a few friends will be going.. as long as your there before 12 should there be any problems getting in??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    nice... dont think i can play well on the ps3 to be honest me and a few friends will be going.. as long as your there before 12 should there be any problems getting in??

We use a mix of both as we have some players who use standard controllers, so we don't want to alienate them.

The more the merrier, please be there before twelve to register though. Also, if possible bring exact money and not just twenty or fifty euro notes.

• Advertisement

No
    We use a mix of both as we have some players who use standard controllers, so we don't want to alienate them.

The more the merrier, please be there before twelve to register though. Also, if possible bring exact money and not just twenty or fifty euro notes.

*Goes to bank to get a €500 note*

No
    cool should be good so.. bout how many players ya reckon? should i bring my own controller cause its new and easier to do charge moves i think compared to the one's with worn thumbsticks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    cool should be good so.. bout how many players ya reckon? should i bring my own controller cause its new and easier to do charge moves i think compared to the one's with worn thumbsticks

Yes. Most people bring their own pad/stick as a matter of preference.

No
    30 is about average I would say for a tournament.

I would say about 30, possibly more.

It's best if you bring your own controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    I'd wager at least 40 for this one. Maybe more.....

No
    its the poster

No
    its the poster

Definitely the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No

The ad is good but if you put flashes of a combo/ultra landing (Preferably all of them landing on a Guile) in between when the text changes it might "hype" it up a bit.

Is it much work?

• Advertisement

No
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    The ad is good but if you put flashes of a combo/ultra landing (Preferably all of them landing on a Guile) in between when the text changes it might "hype" it up a bit.

Is it much work?

it is and it isn't.

It isn't because actually cutting in footage is, again, only a matter of minutes work.

however getting high enough quality footage would mean cooperation from say bush or someone else who can provide easy capped or better footage (still waiting on mine, the curse of baldrick has stricken my order ayjay.)

I can always download my stuff from yt and fit it in a la the dan show part 1 but in an ad... not sure it's good enough.

Advertisement