Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    why cant it look like this

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Placebo wrote: »

Dunno if you're serious of farzing but the answer is because I want a 10-15 second ad that everyone can mirror with a minimum of effort which will containno copyrighted footage (gameplay can be argued to be educational or artistic as you're adding value yourself, the intros to game not so much, if I am understanding how yt works.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

In terms of game footage I don't think Capcom would care if their stuff was used for things like tourny promos (since they seem to support tournaments anyway). We are, after all, promoting their game. Same way people use their artwork etc for web design / posters etc.

No
    i think infringement would come into account if such content was broad casted on national television where 'selling' - aka making money comes into account.
    viewers = money etc

although i agree about minimum effort.
    it is a lot of work, i really wanna get into after effects but i get no time.

No
    It's not actually about capcom, it's about yt rules.

Look up "false flagging" it's too big a topic to get into here, but all it takes is one eejit if you don't know how to protect yourself on youtube.

I'm not going to make a video I am going to ask other people to put up which may lead to them getting in trouble for.

Also maybe simple hubris but I love the fact that everything on that channel is by the community for th ecommunity.

• Advertisement

No
    almost 90% of the videos on youtube are not created/produced by the users !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

But 100% of the content Dooms put has been created by him/us (Obviously not the game footage itself but it is us playing)

My missus has done after effects, I might see if I can her or her mates to put something together for us. Bit late now but it can help for the next Inferno (Or something bigger, Really want to get into planning for a bigger event).

No
    perhaps a video without a date, a generic one for all infernos
    tell her to use this effect, think it has source files in the link

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/riot_gear_promo_title/

No

yes, and all it'll take for their channels to be taken down is a concerted effort from one sockpuppeted troll.

Besides, my point remains- the really big, good channels are all ugc. It's something we should be proud of. I'd rather watch one AVGN episode than ten AMVs.

I'm not stopping anyone else from making an ad with metallica blaring in front of the SF2 movie. It's just how I think we should roll. *shrugs*

No
    i think i misunderstood, i did not know ugc were hosting it on their channel
    or that they had a channel to begin with

• Advertisement

No
    i think i misunderstood, i did not know ugc were hosting it on their channel
    or that they had a channel to begin with

It's short for User Generated Content. ;)

No
    OHHHHHHHH in that case, video taping street fighter matches technically is property of Capcom as well. You can go really deep into the loop hole here, i've only heard music infringements being flagged on you tube. In any case have many people mirrored the video?

No
    OHHHHHHHH in that case, video taping street fighter matches technically is property of Capcom as well. You can go really deep into the loop hole here, i've only heard music infringements being flagged on you tube. In any case have many people mirrored the video?

I just explained 3 posts ago why this is not the case. It's under yt's fair use policy. I know a bit about this :)

I have seen peoples videos taken down on youtube over using snippets from one another in a response format. As I said, false flagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    however getting high enough quality footage would mean cooperation from say bush or someone else who can provide easy capped or better footage (still waiting on mine, the curse of baldrick has stricken my order ayjay.)

I can help out if you want. Let me know if you need anything.

No
    That explanation is really subjective, however with false flagging etc, perhaps if we do make a much more animated and engaging video, we can just host it straight on the website, encoded in flv with a custom player, no you tube.

However it will no be as viral. or viral at all :/

No
    That explanation is really subjective, however with false flagging etc, perhaps if we do make a much more animated and engaging video, we can just host it straight on the website, encoded in flv with a custom player, no you tube.

However it will no be as viral. or viral at all :/

I don't make yt's rules :) It's all very complex and to do with the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and I won't even begin to pretend to understand it fully.

One alternative is to make a vid with everything you want, and just host it on a yt channel you don't care gets taken down.

The if it gets taken down, on the off chance, just up another channel.

Thus the literally hundreds of vids and hard work in the bvd channel are protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm not coming.

My birthday is this weekend, but nobody is ever free for the August Bank holiday, so I'm doing it next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm not coming.

My birthday is this weekend, but nobody is ever free for the August Bank holiday, so I'm doing it next Saturday.

Inferno can accomodate for birthday parties and is a great way to make your special day extra special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

video and after effects is an area I can help in but don't wait around for me atm I've repeats coming up which I'll be right bang in the middle of during inferno (which I still plan to attend) but I won't have any promo vids before then.

Regarding youtube, the only issue is music. If you use footage from the game, and intros etc thats all grand. Thats why I use capcom games music in all the edited vids I've done (ssf4 alpha 3 etc)

Its when you start using other music that things get iffy (audio will get blocked, or an ad will appear at the bottom)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Orim wrote: »
    Inferno can accomodate for birthday parties and is a great way to make your special day extra special.

If I come to the next Inferno on my birthday you guys are all going to have to chip in and get me a voucher for
    1 CRUSHING DEFEAT

I'm sure you could probably get me a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    I don't make yt's rules :) It's all very complex and to do with the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and I won't even begin to pretend to understand it fully.

One alternative is to make a vid with everything you want, and just host it on a yt channel you don't care gets taken down.

The if it gets taken down, on the off chance, just up another channel.

Thus the literally hundreds of vids and hard work in the bvd channel are protected.

I was literally talking about recording us doing it...... And I thought it for the SF4 website (removes Youtube problems) but sure it was only an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

No
    Sorry lads i cant find this place on google or anything. Im not up in dublin much but id know my way around a good bit of the town. Can anyone give me simple instruction to where abouts it is? Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Robbknoll wrote: »
    Sorry lads i cant find this place on google or anything. Im not up in dublin much but id know my way around a good bit of the town. Can anyone give me simple instruction to where abouts it is? Thanks :pac:

Its right at the luas stop in Smithfield with a big sign on the building saying space 54

No
    Robbknoll wrote: »

Walk to Smithfield Luas station.

Look at big read sign marked "Space 54"

It's literally right at it. Just follow the Luas line up Abbey St past Jervis and it leaves you right there.

No
    fyi parking is just there at the luas station, however best way to get there is from the keys, its a bit of a concealed entrance so check google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Bump, may as well keep this on the first page as it's so close now.

Get...hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    Will most likely be going.

I'm away for a few days lads so I wont be attending (lucky Cobelcog).

gl hf etc hope the new place works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm on the fence on this one.Might have to go up north with her indoors on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I'm on the fence on this one.Might have to go up north with her indoors on Saturday.
    ...I...nm.

Advertisement