Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Best final yet and the new "final matches" set up was CLASS. Really good time today lads, sorry I bitched out and used Honda for most of my matches :P

GGs all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    I beat 2 Zangiefs.

Brainless is so free :)

*edit*

Also I made it to Top 16 for first time in over a year! :eek:

Came 2nd in my group (only lost to Doom).

Beat chunkis 2-1 (Abel > Gief & Akuma), lost to Kirby ('Sim) 2-0 and Banjo (Chun) 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    Orim try and get pictures of the bracket sheets uploaded, would be cool to see who played who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

No
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I beat 2 Zangiefs.

Brainless is so free :)

I perfected a Zangief myself.

Kiki and Yreval: GIEFBUSTERS

Anyway, the new venue gets a thumbs up from me, although at times there was a little too much light getting into the room, making things a little difficult to see on some of the darker stages. Much better than XGC though.

Came 3rd in my group, got through the playoff group, lost to Cobelcog (took a round off him, so I'm somewhat satisfied with how I did) then lost to Onion's Honda. I'd switched to Dee Jay for the deciding game, had a slight life lead in the final round so I thought all I had to do was to zone the fat bastard out of the game, but in the end I bottled it.

One incident in the Animax vs Kirby match that sadly I don't think got recorded; Dhalsim performs U1, Rufus EX Messiah Kicks onto the U1, Dhalsim hits Rufus with Yoga Fire, and just as the U1 kills Rufus Dhalsim super cancels the Yoga Fire. Epic stuff.

GGs and I hope to see you at Dramatic Battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    As is the norm I didn't make it out of groups but I'm still happy with how I played - probably my best performance in months.
    The new venue is definitely well better than the XGC for handling the crowds and the setup for the finals was most excellent. More of that please!
    Though hopefully there'll be less tables falling over next time - my poor Super disk is scratched beyond use =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Gratz to top 4.

Good to see Dee Jay getting some use at high level play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry I couldn't attend guys, got laid down by chest infection my gf had all week. On the way to charity shield feeling like ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Results are up : http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1184

I'll try to get a review with a blow by blow encounter up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    i played terrible
    although anyone that came about 13th was quite good
    9th – Kikimaru (Abel)
    9th – Redman350 (Ryu)
    9th – Doctor DooM (Guile)
    9th – Sagat08 (Blanka)

competition is getting tough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    Orim wrote: »
    Results are up : http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1184

I'll try to get a review with a blow by blow encounter up later.

Cheers. But I think you need to edit it. Apparently, I walked away with the prize money total of "kirby". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

No
    Kirby wrote: »
    Cheers. But I think you need to edit it. Apparently, I walked away with the prize money total of "kirby". :D

And some sweet SF4 costumes for you to download:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    what an awesome day.

KICK YOU TO THE KIRB! FACE YOUR DOOM!

No
    Yeah thats going to be my motto from now on. When I said that I thought you were going to die of laughter. Kick him to the Kirb, biatch! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Doom hurry up with the videos.

No
    Doom hurry up with the videos.

Might get a couple up tonight. Will start at the end.

Tempted to start with those "interviews" we did last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

No
    The new venue is a success methinks!! :) . Great day yesterday. Barely got out of the groups but picked up A bit of steam after that thankfully. Watching those finals on the couches was class. As sagat said, the final was "Epic"!!.

No
    Final's really blurry. going to have to be a bit pushy and keep an eye on the recording in future :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    that is amazing, can't stop laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

No
    best vlog

• Advertisement

No
    Great stuff Brian. Entertaining vlog. :)

What happened with the final quality though? Somebody press a button on you or something?

No
    Great stuff Brian. Entertaining vlog. :)

What happened with the final quality though? Somebody press a button on you or something?

I'm not entirely sure.

Working theory is it's glare from the sun (check when the screen goes black).

No
    Is it like that for all the recorded matches?

Maybe next we will have our blackout curtain yokes in place so we won't have that issue.

No
    Is it like that for all the recorded matches?

Maybe next we will have our blackout curtain yokes in place so we won't have that issue.

It's looking like all the vids I shot from the position in front of the crowd's like that yeah :(

Good thing I guess theirs only 1 or 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

No
    That final looked seriously hype, damn you centra!

No
    Red350 wrote: »
    That final looked seriously hype, damn you centra!

Yeah it was the most hype final I've seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Great vlog doom! Some great moments from the final too.

Had a great day yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the support in the final, it really made it an amazing experience. I've never ever used rufus' U1 as an anti-air except for that one moment where it just came to me, and what a time to do it, resetting the final. Though it looked like she might fall through it!

Good games to everyone i played yesterday and hard luck to gorysnake to just miss out in a really close winners semi yet again. Well done to cobelcog for being as consistent as ever and well done to kirby for 3rd place, really enjoyed our match too (even if that super cancel was totally unnecessary :P)

New venue was without doubt a success, even just for the atmosphere alone. For those who weren't there, for the finals we had split the video signal; one going direct to the player monitor, the other going to a tv screen facing the opposite way where everyone had gathered to watch on comfortable couches. This "separation" between players and spectators really allowed people to get into it without fear of disrupting the players. It also allowed myself and cobelcog to do a little bit of showboating, something that would have simply been impossible in xgc. :cool:

Pity the recordings are blurry. Next time we will try to set up a direct feed recording since the video splitter still had an s-video output that was untapped. An easy-cap or sisko's camera could capture from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

No
    "Awesome dog is awesome"

Awesome vlog is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    The atmosphere for the final looked ****ing great, like a proper event where folk could shout, possibly negative comments at Terry, rather then the at time golf claps and mummurings at finals at XGC.

Fair play, looked great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    No more banana breaks please

Advertisement