Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A-Trak wrote: »
    The atmosphere for the final looked ****ing great, like a proper event where folk could shout, possibly negative comments at Terry, rather then the at time golf claps and mummurings at finals at XGC.

Fair play, looked great.

There was no negative comments towards Terry. Irish Cammy gets the girls not the crowds.

But yeah the atmosphere was fantastic. Just generally more comfortable and exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Orim wrote: »
    There was no negative comments towards Terry. Irish Cammy gets the girls not the crowds.

But yeah the atmosphere was fantastic. Just generally more comfortable and exciting.

I didn't mean that there were negative comments towards Terry, only that if someone wanted to shout them at Terry, they could so so.
    (Goddamn it, I wish I was there.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Orim wrote: »
    There was no negative comments towards Terry

Except for bush's post just above yours ;)
    A-Trak wrote: »
    I didn't mean that there were negative comments towards Terry, only that if someone wanted to shout them at Terry, they could so so.
    (Goddamn it, I wish I was there.)

I missed your hitler comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    hes right, practice your cock sucking in your own time :)

No
    mister-salty001-REAL-784874.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

No
    Theres something very wrong indeed that I placed 13th. Honestly dunno how that happened. Great great day though. My two goals were to get out of groups and to land a siberian blizzard... Happy I got out of groups this time but there was no blizzard :(. My first match that day was against Doom who on the perfected me in the second round and then I lost all hope or the day.
    And perfected again by Yreval.... Been using Gief now for about 3 weeks now and its clear I gotta learn my matchups. Moved recently so no internet at the mo. Hoping to get that fixed soon and get into shape for the next inferno.

Special thanks to Kiki for letting me know that abel's grapples stuff gief's. First match he tore me apart and he coulda left it that way and continue steamrolling me but he helped me out. Next time hopefully I can make things abit tougher for ye all ;)

No
    Theres something very wrong indeed that I placed 13th. Honestly dunno how that happened.

As long as you get out of groups into top 16 you are guaranteed joint 13th with four others!

No
    animaX wrote: »
    As long as you get out of groups into top 16 you are guaranteed joint 13th with four others!

Oh I know ya was more joking about how I got outta groups at all. Really felt like I was getting creamed all day.

No
    Oh I know ya was more joking about how I got outta groups at all. Really felt like I was getting creamed all day.

Ah no, you don't get out of groups by fluke! Bear in mind too that all of the dublin players have a lot of gief experience from playing dreddybajs so much. Well done though, good showing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    best part on inferno

finals

everyone = "come on terry !!!!!!!!"
    then chris' cammy taunts = "come on"

players need to taunt more
    for hype.

• Advertisement

No
    Yeah doom explained that he knows how to handle gief because of dreddy. Offered some help too how to get around the boom's but still couldnt catch him! Now I need to find a guy in limerick that mains Guile so I can pay doom back. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Yeah doom explained that he knows how to handle gief because of dreddy. Offered some help too how to get around the boom's but still couldnt catch him! Now I need to find a guy in limerick that mains Guile so I can pay doom back. :D

Here's some vids showing the match up in vanilla... beware we're both better than this now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Special thanks to Kiki for letting me know that abel's grapples stuff gief's. First match he tore me apart and he coulda left it that way and continue steamrolling me but he helped me out. Next time hopefully I can make things abit tougher for ye all ;)

The evil red devil in me was saying I shouldn't tell you.

A whole year of getting steamrolled by Giefs in Vanilla will do that to ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Find out what you missed out if you weren't at Inferno.
    http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1189

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    My videos are uploading to my Youtube account currently. They should all be up there after a few hours.
    I hadn't realised how poor the quality had dropped after compression though, so I'll reupload them tomorrow at a sharper resolution. These should tide y'all over till then.

No
    Guys there's an issue with youtube at the moment, it's forcing the videos to play in 240p for some stpid reason.

If the wality of the vids is very poor try clicking on the resolution in the bottom right rather than just assuming it's the quality of the vids.

It's mental you need to do this for EVERY SINGLE VIDEO. Nice one google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Guys there's an issue with youtube at the moment, it's forcing the videos to play in 240p for some stpid reason.

If the wality of the vids is very poor try clicking on the resolution in the bottom right rather than just assuming it's the quality of the vids.

Supposedly its ment to just be in the Channel view for IE users.
    Its 360p here for me in FF/IE
    Its to do with it deciding the quality based on the size of the viewer windows or something.

No
    PPC wrote: »
    Supposedly its ment to just be in the Channel view for IE users.
    Its 360p here for me in FF/IE
    Its to do with it deciding the quality based on the size of the viewer windows or something.

It's happening to me on FF on mac so that's not strictly true.

In work with their proper internetz it's still showing properly.

No
    I recompressed the videos so they're much easier on the eyes now: http://www.youtube.com/user/SairusIllumina

There were a few fights that I cant remember who I was filming. If anyone can fill in the blanks let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    Cheers for the uploads. Nice to watch the ones ya missed. Any more coming?

• Advertisement

No
    Kirby wrote: »

Uploading takes time, relax the cacks. I have about 30 more fights to upload :)

No
    30? :eek: What you got in that camera, the Duracell bunny? :p

No
    None from me. My poor bunnies were running on energisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No

This has been happening to me on every youtube video lately (XP FF), so annoying

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    This has been happening to me on every youtube video lately (XP FF), so annoying

I did a little research.

YT's reasoning behind it is apparently alot of people use YT to listen to music not videos so defaulting to 240 is to help people on poor connections who don't need video.

It happens to have the convenient side effect of reducing bandwidth and therefore costs for youtube (there's a vid somewhere of how much money someone who refuses partnership on a big channel costs YT, it was interesting, must dig it up).

Regardless, 240 p is just too low for SF to be watched comfortably. The artifacting is awful.

No
    Tbh the uploader should be able to dictate what they want their default setting to be. 240p by default is awful. The reason youtube gave is kind of transparent. Its all about the dollar.

Good vids doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Tbh the uploader should be able to dictate what they want their default setting to be. 240p by default is awful. The reason youtube gave is kind of transparent. Its all about the dollar.

Good vids doom.

You can put tags on the vids to make them play in high quality automatically.

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    You can put tags on the vids to make them play in high quality automatically.

Really?

Could you pass them on as I had no idea about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Really?

Could you pass them on as I had no idea about that.

Here ya go

yt:crop=16:9 (Zooms in on the 16:9 area, removes windowboxing)

yt:stretch=16:9 (Fixes anamorphic content by scaling to 16:9)

yt:stretch=4:3 (Fixes 720x480 content that is the wrong aspect ratio by scaling to 4:3)

yt:quality=high (Defaults to a high quality stream, depending on availability)

EXTRAS:

&fmt=18 --- High Quality
    &fmt=22 --- High Definition

• Advertisement

No
    So if I tag an uploaded video with &fmt=18 it should auto play in HQ?

Or do you mean when you are looking at a video in the URL?

Advertisement