Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 - 7/8/2010

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    So if I tag an uploaded video with &fmt=18 it should auto play in HQ?

Or do you mean when you are looking at a video in the URL?

Ye you put it in the tags

No
    Have you ever had any problems with streamclip playing audio in mad slow motion?

Recorded some vids today and they play fine but once I put them in streamclip I get the audio in slow motion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Nope but I do know there's seperate audio settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Forgot to mention it earlier but what happens if we need a ps3 for the finals setup in inferno? My splitter will only take VGA. Does the ps3 have a VGA cable? Would a component to VGA adapter be useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    Forgot to mention it earlier but what happens if we need a ps3 for the finals setup in inferno? My splitter will only take VGA. Does the ps3 have a VGA cable? Would a component to VGA adapter be useful?

There is a PS3 to VGA cable. I'm going to try and buy a couple for next month. They also take Wii so we could start setting up Smash and TvC if we want to go down that route.

• Advertisement

No
    Is there anything to stop me buying a hauppage now?

No
    Is there anything to stop me buying a hauppage now?

Maybe wait till after Tallon tests his out with us. He said he'd pop in on saturday

Your bank balance.

Also there is the question of needing a hauppage.

a) We need to check that its not laggy

b) Was terry not saying that we could use an easycap?

No
    Orim wrote: »
    Your bank balance.

Also there is the question of needing a hauppage.

a) We need to check that its not laggy

b) Was terry not saying that we could use an easycap?

Hauppage records in true HD, whereas an easycap limits out at (I believe) 360p.

But how important is it to get HD? I would say as long as we're getting direct feed then it's good enough for the moment.

This is from the perspective of our spending at the moment, if you do want ot go ahead with the hauppage then more power to you.

• Advertisement

No
    I can bring up my laptop and record with easycap, no problem.

How much was that vga splitter thing you have terry?

No
    But how important is it to get HD? I would say as long as we're getting direct feed then it's good enough for the moment.

This is from the perspective of our spending at the moment, if you do want ot go ahead with the hauppage then more power to you.

I'm talking about me (Doom) not we the community, type of thing.

Personally I think monitors are the communities priority and I'm not expecting anyone to pony up.

I realise that and if you want to get the hauppage then it's up to you.

As long as it doesn't cause lag then you, Sisko and AnimaX (as the AV people of the group) can record any damn way you want.

No
    I realise that and if you want to get the hauppage then it's up to you.

As long as it doesn't cause lag then you, Sisko and AnimaX (as the AV people of the group) can record any damn way you want.

I want to record you Dan.

While you sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

It'll cause no lag. Same way the Hava boxes work.

What would be ideal would be to have a VGA cable, VGA splitter, VGA>Component dongle and 2x RCA splitters for sound.
    That way you could have VGA directly to the monitor in use, split the other VGA into a component signal, into the HDPVR and then into the spectator TV.
    You'd get 720p videos aswell, tho processing and uploading will take alot longer. 480p would probably be fine.

Then if you want live commentary, you'd need a Behringer Xenyx 802 with 2 mics which would probably run about €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    I want to record you Dan.

While you sleep.

this week on a shocking new episode of the dan show...

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    How much was that vga splitter thing you have terry?

The splitter was around 45-50 euro i think. Bought it from here with really quick delivery (they must have a warehouse in ireland).

Thing to keep in mind though is that it does not duplicate the VGA signal. It has a VGA passthrough, then outputs to s-video and composite. It would be perfect for an easy cap for example, but not so useful with a Hauppauge.

Also, i haven't tested the s-video output on it yet but i have a feeling it might not be as sharp as the s-video you're currently getting from your xbox s-video cable and the easycap. I could be wrong though.

No
    animaX wrote: »
    The splitter was around 45-50 euro i think. Bought it from here with really quick delivery (they must have a warehouse in ireland).

Thing to keep in mind though is that it does not duplicate the VGA signal. It has a VGA passthrough, then outputs to s-video and composite. It would be perfect for an easy cap for example, but not so useful with a Hauppauge.

Also, i haven't tested the s-video output on it yet but i have a feeling it might not be as sharp as the s-video you're currently getting from your xbox s-video cable and the easycap. I could be wrong though.

Alright cool. Must test it out sometime.

Advertisement