Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using phone as pager

Options
  • 12-07-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I've been using Vodafone's SMS alerts for e-mails to vodafone.ie as a paging service.

O2 don't provide this service for new customers so the only option I see (if I wanted to move to O2) would be to use push e-mail and always on data service.

Is anyone doing this? To clarify... I know lots of people are doing this... but are you depending on it for being on-call at work? Does it use much data? Would you trust it?

Ix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont have a problem doing like what you say, using the o2 network. Doesnt really use a huge amount of data either, you would be well covered with the 250mb addon for €7.50 a month. You might not even use half of it!

Regards reliable, i can have the phone and pc syncing at the same time, and the email will arrive on the phone before the pc nearly every single time

Advertisement