Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A strange room for rent

Options
  • 12-07-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

RFjuUIBn4ti1nyna7IBKKdUH3cH546KbWxCGEl1olVZtPWRhZnQmbD02MDA=.jpg

I dont know if this is brilliant or strange but i thought id share.
    Currently looking for a house and this is what i found

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

think it'll be a little uncomfortable when you room mate showers in the mornings!

I was in a friend of a friends house recently and there were two of them living in the room which had a shower, counter and oven in it. Was rather odd to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

serious? that's unbelievably awesome. getting up would be a hell of a lot easier! condensation must be a problem though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

In my friends old house in Renmore ya had to walk throught the bathroom to get to one of the bedrooms! Like a hall/bathroom with 2 doors in to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

baldshin wrote: »
    In my friends old house in Renmore ya had to walk throught the bathroom to get to one of the bedrooms! Like a hall/bathroom with 2 doors in to it!

i was at a house party before with a similar setup, guy who lived in the room was giving guests the guided - and extremely drunken - tour, he notices that the door is locked, and casually shoves his weight against it, breaking the fragile bolt on the other side. "Come on guys, my room's through here" he casually waves, walking through the bathroom to his room....completely oblivious to the horrified guy sitting on the toilet....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I don't know what you were told dude, but that wasn't a house....it was a fcuking caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

i was at a house party before with a similar setup, guy who lived in the room was giving guests the guided - and extremely drunken - tour, he notices that the door is locked, and casually shoves his weight against it, breaking the fragile bolt on the other side. "Come on guys, my room's through here" he casually waves, walking through the bathroom to his room....completely oblivious to the horrified guy sitting on the toilet....

Jeez, I'd say the poor guy nearly shít himself !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Some half-assed effort for an en suite, tis the recession I suppose :pac:

Ya gotta post the link to that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

alot of hotels are doing this too these days..no lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

It looks like a room I viewed in Gort na Glaise on Sandy Road a few years ago. I remember thinking it was great, then thinking it was impractical and strange... Didn't take the room!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

Unless I am very much mistaken, this is a room in a flat in a city centre location. This is a famous flat and has been visited by many 'celebs' over the years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Some half-assed effort for an en suite, tis Galway I suppose :pac:

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Surely this is illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Surely this is illegal?
    Illegal? Hardly... Retarded? Most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Ha ha ha ha! This is comletely ridiculous, surely the room would fill up with steam and get all damp everytime you used the shower?!

However, there is small consolation in the fact that a specially designed shelf for holding exactly two rolls of toilet paper has been installed beside bed A.

From this angle I'm guessing that the photograph was taken by someone sitting on the toilet bowl in the corner of the room.

Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Remember 2 friends in Dublin who were living in a tiny flat. In their living room/Kitchen there was a cupboard which contained the shower.

Used to impress lady guests greatly:D

I long for the days when a shower will come equipped with a toilet, so you can take a dump as you clean yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

I long for the days when a shower will come equipped with a toilet, so you can take a dump as you clean yourself.

Genius, whenever this .....showlet or toiler is invented...........we will now that the pinnacle of modern engineering has been reached!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You could have an entire sub-forum on strange rooms and flats to rent in galway.

Where's that 'rents in galway' thread gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

Unless the OP would care to correct me, I believe that this flat is owned by a man who was once one of Galway's most colourful characters. Unless this type of interior design is more common than I thought....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Illegal? Hardly... Retarded? Most definitely.

You're not supposed to have appliances and light switches inside a bathroom, clearly there are plug sockets and switches inside the bedroom with this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you ever been on one of those Shannon boat trips, the toilets are also a shower so you could have a shower and a dump at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

At least it has a window! I once looked at a room in a flat on Merchants Road that had none at all - it wasn't till I'd left the place that I realised why it had seemed so strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

You're not supposed to have appliances and light switches inside a bathroom, clearly there are plug sockets and switches inside the bedroom with this shower.

I stil don't get the 'reason' why - every bathroom on the continent has light switches and sockets and I doubt there have been too many stupid accidents (not more then here when you have to drag your hair dryer into the bathroom with an extension cord...)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

galah wrote: »
    I stil don't get the 'reason' why - every bathroom on the continent has light switches and sockets and I doubt there have been too many stupid accidents (not more then here when you have to drag your hair dryer into the bathroom with an extension cord...)

Cos water, electricity and either a hangover or being drunk is a lethal combination! And Ireland and England have over protective safety laws with regards to AC thats why you can buy a cool little notebook with a tiny power adapter and the bulkiest component is still the three pin plug! Altough their is a design for a foldeing plug out there that I can't wait to see go into production.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Eman Resu wrote: »
    Cos water, electricity and either a hangover or being drunk is a lethal combination! And Ireland and England have over protective safety laws with regards to AC thats why you can buy a cool little notebook with a tiny power adapter and the bulkiest component is still the three pin plug! Altough their is a design for a foldeing plug out there that I can't wait to see go into production.

The plug that came with my desktop computer was kind of fold-ey...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

heres the house

id say these walls could tell a few stories

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Xiney wrote: »
    The plug that came with my desktop computer was kind of fold-ey...
    If it's as cool as this where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

not that cool - it's not meant to be folded in and out each time like that one.

That's really neat. I wish they'd start making plugs like that - ever stood on a plug with the points up? I thought I was going to die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Da_Chief

I'm 99% my mate used to live there. There is a separate flat at the side, which actually has a door into the main house. He stayed in the small room from what I can remember and didn't really know the two girls he lived with so doubt he would have known about shower bedroom combo.

Decent sized house in fairness.

Advertisement