Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A strange room for rent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Xiney wrote: »
    not that cool - it's not meant to be folded in and out each time like that one.

That's really neat. I wish they'd start making plugs like that - ever stood on a plug with the points up? I thought I was going to die.

Hopefully they will make it into production too class an idea not to. Another reason to ban current plugs under the Geniva convention is how much they hurt when you step on them!! (managed to avoid it myself so far but can imagine how much it hurts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

heres the house

id say these walls could tell a few stories

Not the place I was thinking of. Christ there are at least 2 of these love palaces about town!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I know that place!!

A group of friends of mine moved in about ten years ago, and I would hang out there a lot but don't remember that shower being in that room?? Which is odd that they would have installed it. Actually it's odd to have ever installed it.

I have just emailed one of the girls about it, so stay tuned...:)

In one of the other rooms you can see a sink, which was quite common in bedrooms back in the day. Anyway, obviously there was a sink in that room too and someone had the questionable idea of putting a shower there instead of the sink as the water supply was already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Lordee it reminds me of some of the 'Bedsits' in Dublin during College years.
    Hotplate in the corner, one had a loo/kitchen combo. Totally illegal!

Our voltage is higher here than the States, so shocks are a little more nasty here.

I stood on a plug once, and bit a chunk out my lip from the shock, then tripped and broke the lamp - it was SO 'bad comedy' (not at all funny at the time!):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Either the recession is over or this must be the dearest house to rent in Galway ever www.daft.ie/2912447

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

lol this is too funny :) but sadly very, very true in Galway. I wonder how many times they've repainted that room to cover the mould from the shower instead of treating the mould??

I'm not at all surprised with the landlords these days, not with the horrors of houses I've seen around Galway.
    particularly Renmore when they used to get students in before the villages and they'd be a pervy landlord squashing in nearly 15 girls in a 4 bed house. a bit of a run for the hills moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭shanemc1

Stayed overnight in an etap hotel in Derby last year and the there was a shower just like that in a room half the size. Oddly enough every room is equipped for three people as standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

lol this is too funny :) but sadly very, very true in Galway. I wonder how many times they've repainted that room to cover the mould from the shower instead of treating the mould??

I'm not at all surprised with the landlords these days, not with the horrors of houses I've seen around Galway.
    particularly Renmore when they used to get students in before the villages and they'd be a pervy landlord squashing in nearly 15 girls in a 4 bed house. a bit of a run for the hills moment :)
    Used to go out with a girl before that was living in one of the old houses in wellpark. There was 7 of them living there and they only had the upstairs of the house. The only good thing about it was lots of bodies meant there wasn't much heating needed in the winter.

Advertisement