Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier Line

• 12-07-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Looking for some advice for a family member.
    They are living in a rural area that has just had it's eircom exchange upgraded.
    They rang eircom today for advice on what bundle to get and were told that they would never get broadband because they were on a carrier line.
    No other explanation, just that it would never be possible.
    They are about 300yrds from the main road, which I guess carries the main phone line.
    I know a carrier line can only carry voice calls but does anyone know if it's possible to get this upgraded? Has anyone ever succeeded in getting eircom to upgrade one?
    And what would be involved in getting it upgraded? i.e. do they have to run new cables?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

CArrier/Pair Gain/Splitter thread where there's some info. Basically, there's not a lot you can do except follow the suggestions by watty and Sponge Bob on that thread.

Advertisement