Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Home Pregnancy Test??

Options
  • 12-07-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm TTC for the past 8 months.
    This month didnt get a normal period, lots of pregnancy signs, tiredness, sore boobs, nausea etc.
    So i did a digital test and it came back negative. That was last week, still signs are there!
    So did a test today and i got a very very faint line!
    I used a clearblue plus test, the horizontal line was there but there was a very faint vertical line, even DH saw it!

Anyway, i'm wondering has anyone had this happen??
    I dont know if i am looking too much into this or if it is a positive result!

All advice, stories etc welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

have no experience but.... ooooh how exciting! A line is a line girl! get thee to the doctors for a blood test pronto. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.:D

In my opinion, you probably ovulated later than you thought, so when you did the test first time round you were just a bit too early.

CONGRATS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Positive is positive. Congratulations :D

Don't rush to the doctors as the tests they use aren't generally as sensitive as the home pregnancy tests and it may come up negative there.

Don another test at home in a day or two with the first urine of the morning when hcg levels will be highest. This should give you the definate positive that you're waiting for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go and buy the digital test again. I had a very faint line on my first pregnancy (he's now 8) and has myself up the walls. Went and got the digital test and it clearly said pregnant. I find those flipping lines a nitemare!!
    Congrats tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Don't rush to the doctors as the tests they use aren't generally as sensitive as the home pregnancy tests and it may come up negative there.

A blood test would show the positive result no problem, especially as it's already appearing on the test strip.

I would agree though that the strip tests GPs have are crappy, and not nearly as sensitive as the internet ones (10miu)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sc2114

Had all the signs of period coming, over 3 years and was over a year TTC and was convinced still hadnt fallen preggers, waited a few more days & still no period, did a test and was pregnant. alot of signs of period are similar to early preg signs. A positive is a positive - good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That happened to me, well I actually took an early test about 4 days before my period was due, as advertised :rolleyes: but I guess I was just too early cause a day after I should have gotten it I got a clear + :D

Congrats and best of luck :)

Advertisement