Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Cases / Covers [Merged]

• 07-05-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I want to get one of those silicone ones.. The small ones wheres the best place to get one :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

kerno wrote: »
    I want to get one of those silicone ones.. The small ones wheres the best place to get one :D

forget that, try invisible shield, it takes a good while and patience to install it, but it completely invisible and makes you phone scratch proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJH3xZ5ZDwE

You can get them in carphone warehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

kjl wrote: »
    forget that, try invisible shield, it takes a good while and patience to install it, but it completely invisible and makes you phone scratch proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJH3xZ5ZDwE

You can get them in carphone warehouse

And if you go to Zagg.com, the people that make invisible screens, they ar having a competition for a free Ipad as well as giving out discounts of up to 40%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 goodgirl12

Looking for some advice on best iphone cover to get?

Also I have noticed a number of people with the same cover on their phones - either a dark red or dark purple in colour on top half and black on bottom half of cover - can anyone tell me where this is from? Would like to get this one.

thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I use the otterbox cover havent had a problem with my iphone yet (including a few falls :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved to apple media devices forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

goodgirl12 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on best iphone cover to get?

Also I have noticed a number of people with the same cover on their phones - either a dark red or dark purple in colour on top half and black on bottom half of cover - can anyone tell me where this is from? Would like to get this one.

thanks

if this is what you are talking about its an ifrogs luxe, O2 shops sell them for €16 and you get the screen protecter included!

ifrogz-luxe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 goodgirl12

Think thats it. Thanks a mill!

Anyone know where i can buy this online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

That's the iFrogz case. You can buy them online, or easier is in an o2 shop for €16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

otterbox all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 extaste

Hi All,

I'm in the market for an iPhone 4 case/bumper and stumbled across an Irish website today: http://chillicase.ie/index.html

It seems like a pretty new website and only has 12 fans on its Facebook page so I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience of this website or can tell me a little more about it..?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Nice plug :D

Some nice cases but nothing that special for the prices IMO.
    €14.99 for a bumper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

bit too pricey for my liking to be honest, i'll stick with ebay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

barryd09 wrote: »
    Nice plug :D

Some nice cases but nothing that special for the prices IMO.
    €14.99 for a bumper?

+1

nice cases and great that its an Irish company, but prices are too expensive, you wont stop people buying from the markets or ebay/donedeal/adverts at those rates, shame though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Looking for a nice retro iphone case for the Mrs and came across these http://www.pcworld.com/article/249685/disguise_your_iphone_as_the_first_macintosh_with_these_retro_cases.html

Mrs Quad is a graphic designer and she loves the old mac stuff (has her old imac stored away. Harbors an ambition to turn the case into an aquarium or something!)

Schreer no longer make them and I can't find any equivalents even on ebay. Anyone come across something like this?

Cheers,
    Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 4 myobile

Those cases are illegal as they have the Apple symbol on them. However, You will get a good selection of websites to pick that are based in Ireland, simply by searching 'retro iphone cases ireland' in Google

I emailed them before and never got a reply, so I didn't buy from them

Ebay is the place to go. The reality is that nearly every case will do the job at protecting your phone. The main thing you need to make sure your case has is a raised front. The raised front will any damage to your screen, unless you drop it in a rediculous fashion (or unfortunate angle).

ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

www.thecaseplace.ie has a selection of better priced bumpers if you are still in the market for one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement