Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wireless Network Adapter issue

• 12-07-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

My younger brother plays his Xbox Live using the Wireless Adapter thing. He keeps getting disconnected every half hour or so. I tried googling but I couldn't find a solution.

Is it something to do with my router settings? (I would probably imagine so).

What do I need to do to stop him from gettin d/c every 30 minutes? Because I don't fancy forking out 40 / 50 euro for a 15cm ethernet cable.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

Are you with Eircom and using the new Zyxel router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You read me like a book pal. Yes, I am lol

This router is pants for online gaming, I know cos I have it myself.

The router is automatically set to time-out (disconnect) from the internet every 30 mins. All you can do is increase the time-out time.

You can increase it to 9,999 seconds, this gives you about 2 hours before it disconnects again.

You do this by going to your router settings, type 192.168.1.254 into your internet browser bar.

Enter your password, go to NETWORK, then WIRELESS LAN the change the RE-AUTHENTICATION TIMER to 9,999 seconds and IDLE TIME OUT to 9,999 seconds.

This should extend your game time.

Hope this is helpful.

Jay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

yea that's helpful, thanks. at least now he won't bug me about not bein able to finish his matches lol

Also have a read of this.

Everybody is having the same problems so we are all in the same boat.

http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/Forum/default.aspx?Mode=2&ThreadId=926&BoardId=32&last=true

Jay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Eircom...... what a bunch of wasters

Advertisement