Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giant Defy 4, Gear Slipping

• 12-07-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hey all

Just got a new road bike, and the bike is running well. Its a 21 speed, Giant Defy 4 with standard Shimano gears. Only issue is, on top gear, it keeps hopping between top gear and the gear below it.

Is this just the cable stretching?? I see a few posts already, and seems like i should follow what they say, but just wondering so I dont go messing around with the wrong thing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Only issue is, on top gear, it keeps hopping between top gear and the gear below it.

If it only happens on the one gear, one of the limit screws on the rear mech might need tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Lumen wrote: »
    If it only happens on the one gear, one of the limit screws on the rear mech might need tweaking.

Ya, basically, I put the bike up to top gear, for the highest speed, and it hops between that top gear and the gear before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Lumen wrote: »

Something I could fix myself?? Or get the Shop to fix seeing as the bike is only a few days old..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Get the shop to do , it and get them to show you at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

In your circumstances, I'd let the shop do it. I use the document here for derailleur adjustments as I find it simple and well laid out. Take a look and see what you think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement