Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #65

Options
  • 12-07-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the latest album of the week. We had a tie in the voting this week so I'm using my moderator discretion to cast the deciding vote for The Devin Townsend Project - Addicted. Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Metallica - Justice For All - 2
    Karnivool - Sound Awake - 2
    Glassjaw - Something - 2
    Wishbone Ash - Argus - 3
    Deicide - Legion - 4
    The Devin Townsend Project - Addicted - 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

So close lads.. SO fu*king close, i'll continue to support the Decide cause:cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Only got my hands on this about 2 weeks ago, absolutely love it. So much energy and having the lovely Anneke van Giersbergen is a bonus too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

So close lads.. SO fu*king close, i'll continue to support the Decide cause:cool::pac:
    oh for the love of GOD!

WHEN WILL IT GET IN THE LIST!!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Max Power1 wrote: »
    oh for the love of GOD!

neveeeeeer muhahaha

Addicted is an unreal album, who woulda thought an album with heavy chunky riffs and Devin Townsend screaming his hole off would be so catchy and happy. Female vocals are fantastic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Where d'ya vote for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Where d'ya vote for this?
    The voting thread is here.

oh for the love of GOD!

Hmm, I'm thinking maybe we should stop the albums of the week now... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice_ wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm thinking maybe we should stop the albums of the week now... :pac:
    Actually - I now see that I can place all blame for deicide not being on the list firmly at your feet!

It was 4-4 between deicide and some prog album ffs!

Actually - I now see that I can place all blame for deicide not being on the list firmly at your feet!

It was 4-4 between deicide and some prog album ffs!
    Absolutely. I accept full responsibility for liking Devin Townsend's music more than Deicide.

Now, I must try and recruit some voters for Apocalyptica's album ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seeing this makes me die inside a little :( Welp, time for another week to vote Deicide :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

And to get back to praise of this album. :p

I love how it has got a very heavy sound but yet something very poppy too. :)
    Also, every song you play has got that wall of sound that he likes to use and for this album I think it works really, really well.

Advertisement