Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken drum pedal.

Options
  • 13-07-2010 12:06am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well its happened only 7 months after it was purchased but my young lads foot pedal for rock band has snapped in half,shes unrepairable.
    Any ideas on getting a replacement?
    Maybe some good offers for instruments out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madcatz-Rock-Band-Portable-Drum/dp/B001B19BIO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278976907&sr=8-9 Ignore unless you are super tight lol

and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nyko-Multi-Platfrom-Metal-Drum-Pedal/dp/B001OT7IQA/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278976948&sr=8-40

Near impossible to come by in shops solo, if the google diy fixes are out. It's a trade off between price and quality, if drums are all he does and plays often and on expert then investing in one of the 3rd party metal one could be worth the $ if not then either one of those linked or a whole new kit :(

I know someone with the Nyko pedal , and to say he is a lead foot larry is an understatement, and it has yet to even creek under his club foot.

Review : http://www.examiner.com/x-1280-Seattle-Xbox-360-Examiner~y2009m4d16-Nyko-Metal-Pedal-review

@D4rk Onion , ment to link you to that one a while ago after you said yours went the way of the dodo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks a lot lads,ill probably go with the Nyko pedal, the little lad will be delighted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The nyko pedal arrived two days after ordering from amazon, very impressive build quality thanks again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Glad you're happy with your new pedal! Enjoy your return to drumming!

Just thought I'd use this opportunity to share my experiences with broken drum pedals! After many months of careful use, my drum pedal finally snapped in two while playing the Pixies' Crackity Jones. That was a memorable coincidence. :p

Instead of getting it replaced, I decided to have a hand at repairing it. My drum pedal had snapped right at the hinge, so I tried to make some kind of brace to hold it in place. I got a sheet of A4 paper and folded it into a long, thick strip. I sellotaped one end of this strip to the top half of the pedal, wrapped it around the hinge, and sellotaped the other end to the underside of the pedal. After applying an unreasonable amount of duct tape and even more sellotape on top of this, it actually stayed together!

It's been working for ages now, and it actually feels a little bit nicer than it did before. The layers of tape on the underside cause this deep "thud!" sound whenever you press it down, making it feel more like a real bass pedal. It may be the most hideous abomination of a drum pedal imaginable, but I'm proud of this ridiculous mess:

rockbandpedal-1.jpg

• Advertisement

I call her Rocky Frankenstein :D

Must post up a pic of my rigged GH3 les paul , it practically dropped notes out of the box on me as most of them do sooner or later due to the removable neck contacts being not 100% tight to the body of the guitar. Nothing 10 rubber bands and a shoe lace couldn't fix :D

Now all we need is lego rock band McGyver + some achievements to match and me and Banjo are golden :D
    No need to play, all you need is a pen knife to Gold Star FC those bad boys

Advertisement