Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record player needles in Cork City?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to repair my Dad's old record player, but I've no idea where in Cork sells needles anymore! I also don't no squat about what needle I need, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be wonderful!

The record player is a Ferguson model 3047 according to the back of the unit.

12072010017.jpg

12072010019.jpg

12072010020.jpg

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Try soundtrax, they do a load of DJ equipment and would be my first choice.

http://www.soundtrax.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Cheers, I'll pop in there today. I hope the staff in there know a thing or two about record players! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

try Munster Sounds down by the Leisureplex too. They do record players and needles, they might have the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

deRanged wrote: »
    try Munster Sounds down by the Leisureplex too. They do record players and needles, they might have the one you want.

Yep. Bring in the old one when you're going in and sort you. Thy can identify them by sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Cheers everyone for the info. I went to both places today but neither of them had the needle i needed (an ST-16). Staff in both places were very friendly and helpful though! Popped into Maplin on my way home on the off-chance, and would you believe it, Maplin came good! They had it and it wasn't overpriced! A Maplin first! Now to indulge in old Neil Diamond records......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement