Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Universal Remote-tv

• 13-07-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

Ok im pretty sure I put this in the wrong section, but there is so many I honestly dont know where to put it! If it is sorry xD
    Anyway... So I have a philips tv, its pretty old. The remote sometimes disconnects from the tv and you have to reconnect it. But the thing is I cannot remember how at all D:

I remember one had to press and hold 1 and 3 together, and them something to do with turning the tv on and off or something...?

I know probably nobody will know wtf im talking about, but if anyone knows what to do can they help me xD

I found the philips site that says what to do, but it wont load for me! :(
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/srp1001_10/srp1001_10_dfu_eng.pdf thats it if it works for anyone else :P

Thanks and sorry for my stupid Q!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

google foxit reader, download install it.download free reader,
    see http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/
    press 1 and 3 for 5 seconds til light remains lit,light will flash twice after correct code entry,point remote at tv,if it works ,you have entered the code 4 your tv.,enter code 4 philips tv, theres lots of codes for philips,
    eg try 047,065,075,120,121,141,150,152,155,100 201,234, 292,084,089,097.
    000.001,002. 030.
    if all commands work,eg sound,txt, channel up,down, thats it, you entered the corrrect code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Does each tv type have a certain code? I have no idea what mine is!
    I hold 1 and 3 together, then the light on the remote flashes a few times and then the light stays on, but then when I try to press the up button or whatever the light goes off...:confused: sorry for being a technological idiot xD

Just downloaded from that link you sent, the site now works and has exactly what I used to do with the tv to reconnect them, its refreshed my memory! Thanks a mill for that :D

most tvs have 2/3 codes that work, every pc needs a pdf reader, foxit is the best i can find ,small and fast.

Ok so I tried every single code for philips tv, and they didnt work :(
    And then i tried holding 1 and 3, it flashed, and then hold the off button and it would flash and turn off when it was synchronised.
    So i held the off button, but it never flashed and never turned off. But if i hold the off button for like 10 seconds then let go, it flashes and turns off when it finds the code. But the remote doesnt work even though it found its code and turned off?:confused:

• Advertisement

you hold down 1 and 3 for 5 seconds, light remains lit, then put in code, say 045,light will flash twice, point remote at,tv,does it work ok,channel up,down,text,etc,sound up,mute, if so thats it, you may have to try 15 codes til you get it right, be patient, take it really slow.
    each tv has 1 or 2 codes that work.
    or see manual,automatic find the right code, that method maybe faster than ,inputting 20 different codes.
    when the tv knocks off ,release the power button on the remote,turn on tv,and try it out.

Just got it working, finally:D thanks!

Advertisement