Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance - please help

Options
  • 13-07-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am currently on job seekers allowence. i attend a part time corse. Am i entitled to rent allowence. I am moving out with my boyfriend who is also on job seekers allowence he will return to FAS in september. Does this affect me getting rent allowence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You don't qualify for rent allowance to move out of home and in with your boyfriend just because you want to?

You have to already be in rented accommodation for 6 months plus. Rent allowance is to enable people to keep a roof over their heads, but it sounds like you already have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

No you can't. You have a roof over your head, stop scrounging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 power_h

Its crazy how wrong u are. i was under the impression this site was helpfull hahahahaha! Pity the people on it are not, im sure if u knew my circumstances you could give me some "truthfull and accurate" advice, but thank u both for proving the general public are unreliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This site is helpful but you said yourself you are moving out to move in with your boyfriend..which says you have a roof over your head.

I pointed out that you have to be renting for 6 months and you don't qualify for RA just to move out. What's unreliable in that?

You are simply assuiming i am mooving out because "i want to" trust me i would love not to be in this position, I was told to leave my parents house which i lived in with my boyfriend for the past year, having no place to go im living with my sister where i am sleeping on a couch..she has 3 kids 6and under and is due her new baby in 2weeks. I need to leave her house i simply cannot live there for obivous reasons i would like to live with my partner as if i got an apartment which i have no choice to get with or without rent allowence..i would want him with me. Now, he will be back at fas in september and hopefully my part-time job will be available once more. If no1 can help i understand but dont assume i am being a fussy person and mooving out for MY convience. I truly have no place to go

• Advertisement

and as for scrounging i have never scrounged a day in my life..i am simply jobless and in a bad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

power_h wrote: »
    Its crazy how wrong u are. i was under the impression this site was helpfull hahahahaha! Pity the people on it are not, im sure if u knew my circumstances you could give me some "truthfull and accurate" advice, but thank u both for proving the general public are unreliable

People have given advice on the information you gave in your OP and even then it's only the opinion of people on an internet message board. If you want accurate advice then contact the SWO and ask them.

Advertisement