Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Replacement SIM €?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Last two times I lost my phone, I went in store and they gave me a replacement SIM for free.

I lost my phone again and this time I was logged onto the 'My Vodafone' account on the website and clicked 'Replacement SIM' it said it would cost €23:eek:

Have they decided to start charging or is it just because I tried it online?
    If I go in store will they give it free as usual?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Carphone Wearhouse should give it to you for nothing. When I worked there I had the same girl come in almost every week to get a replacement sim after she'd lost her phone on a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i think they only provide so many free sims per year/account

perhaps you've just passed their number

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

MiCr0 wrote: »
    i think they only provide so many free sims per year/account

perhaps you've just passed their number
    Thats what I was worried about:(

I've lost it one too many times

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

This post has been deleted.

That €23 notice has been there since 2008! Don't take any notice of it just ring them up or go in store and tell them you want a new sim, did it a couple of weeks ago with no hassle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2 free a year is the limit im afraid. The price used to be about €18, its gone up over time.

You dont have to pay for sims that go faulty or anything else similar. If you lose or damage it,, you have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

go into a store, plead your case and you'll probably end up getting it free. you can't argue with a website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have never ever ever charged a customer for a replacement sim card: I've threatened to do it to customers that come in once a week :rolleyes: just go into a store :D

Advertisement