Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a car in Sydney

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Myself and two friends need a car, we've tried gumtree etc but does anyone have any advice as to good used car dealers in or around Sydney. We'd prefer not to buy off a fellow backpacker as friends have been stung before and we have very limited knowledge, basically we're a trio of tyre kicking beard scratchers. We've a budget of about $2000 may e abit more. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

Get yourselves onto the Parramatta Road. A friend of mine told me about it last week and its just second hand dealers (newer and older) from start to finish. If you can't find a decent car out there... start walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Get yourselves onto the Parramatta Road. A friend of mine told me about it last week and its just second hand dealers (newer and older) from start to finish. If you can't find a decent car out there... start walking!

really you want to check out dealers from Strathfield to Parramatta end of the Parramatta road for that kinda of money. (most dealers closer to the city are more expensive)

Look for old Falcon, Commodores or Toyota Camerys as nearly every mechanic in Australia knows these cars and parts are easily sourced.

Advertisement