Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Poles Wanted

Options
  • 13-07-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy second hand ESB\Eircom timber poles? Need them for a barn I am building.

Are there people that buy them in bulk from the ESB or should I try contacting the ESB directly?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I don't mean to sound negative, but second hand ESB and in particular Eircom poles are taken down for a reason. IMO using them for constructing a building is crazy. I've seen so many timber-columned sheds fall down it's not funny. Buy a bit of steel, it's only expensive the day you're paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Coogee

I'd say try the ESB direct and they should give you the info needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Plus, the ESB tend to leave the old poles after them for the farmers to use as firewood or more commonly, for fencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

I find these posts ageist and racist. Seniors of Polish nationality deserve better than this!

Yours,
    Outraged!

Burning them!?! call yourselves Christians???!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a sense of humour but that didn't even register.
    Back to the drawing board, you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Diairist wrote: »
    I find these posts ageist and racist. Seniors of Polish nationality deserve better than this!

Yours,
    Outraged!

Burning them!?! call yourselves Christians???!!!!

If anyone is racist,then its clearly YOU,as you are the only 1 here to think like this,with regards to your post and reply.

I really think you need some professional help and then some sleeping tablets or some Prozac..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Does anyone know where I could buy second hand ESB\Eircom timber poles? Need them for a barn I am building.

Are there people that buy them in bulk from the ESB or should I try contacting the ESB directly?

Next time you see the ESB working on the roadside or installing a new pole,then stop and ask them directly.

Straight from the horses mouth,so to speak.

Good luck.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

There's a crowd in Kill called PDM they do all the creosote work for the esb and eircom as far as i know, i bought fencing there recently they might be worth a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

PDM probably would have some, but trying to get them out of their, your going to need a truck of some form. Some of them will be over 20meters in length also

Advertisement