Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Region Change, Any ideas?

• 13-07-2010 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

So its that old problem again and I wanted to see if any boardsies had any ways of getting around this.

When I got my xbox I used my hotmail account which had an US address. As a result when I created my xbox live username I was region locked to the US and get the US dashboard.

Needless to say its a pain in the arse and I want to get the correct dashbord so I can use Sky player.

I emailed Microsoft asking whether there was any resolution, I got the following email:

"Hello Onearmedbandit,

This is Martin, with Microsoft XBOX Support services.

As I understand it, you would like to change your country code to Ireland. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I regret to inform you that you cannot change the country in which you want to be billed. When you create an account, you must enter a country in the appropriate field. After you enter a country, that field is locked. You cannot modify this field if you decide that you want to be billed in different currency. This is because of a limitation in the Billing system. If you want to be billed in another currency, you must cancel the account and then create a new account by using enter the appropriate country.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Best Regards,

Martin
    Microsoft XBOX Support Services"

I just wanted to know whether boardsies had any work arounds or solutions to this problem.

Advertisement