Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clinics for Treatment? URGENT Please

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    The first post I posted was closed - I'm not sure why ... is it because I mentioned meds? If so apologies ... I'm not looking for advice on meds - just what route to take to get help:o

We're looking at St Edmundburys because a friend had good results there.

Anyways, what I'm interested in finding out is:

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between St Patricks, St Edmundburys and the Dean Clinic? I know they're all private (aren't they?) but why one over the other?
    Are they all in-patient treatment?

If we have to, we will go for in-patient treatment but if it was / is possible out-patient traetment would be preferrable - or a mixture of both??

So can anyone tell me about these places please?

Also, are there any other private clinic throughout the country (esp in the West but not just the West) ... I know St Pats and the other 2 are the onlt ones that do in-patient but are there others that do day cases?

I'm having a hard time knowing where to look for information.

Thank you very much for any and all advice you can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

St John of God's hospital in stillorgan provides in-patient and out-patient care and it is excellent in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dpire

St John of God's hospital in stillorgan provides in-patient and out-patient care and it is excellent in my experience.

Thank you so much for your reply! Am I right to assume its a private hospital too?

DH is worried about being admitted - especially if its for a number of weeks so am looking at all options for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

Yes St John of Gods is private. You'd have to get a referral to one of the consultants working their to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dpire

Thank you so much for your advice. We've decided to go with either St Pats or St Edmundsbury - a referral letter has gone to them and we're just waiting now to see which one will have a bed first.
    I really appreciate your help, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

St Pats does outpatient, too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement