If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a TV reccomendation

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I'm looking to get a new TV , either 37" or 40" .
    Im open to LCD or LED and I would like the following if possible

Essential :
    100hz
    Ethernet port
    MOVIE playback via USB
    MPEG4 Tuner
    DLNA

Nice to have :
    Freesat HD
    "Internet" TV
    Wireless option

Price Range up to €750 with a possibility for a little bit more if something really special presents itself ;)

Thanks for your help

Also , will be up in Belfast over the next few weeks , so collecting there is an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Mscull

We we can offer you this, the 40PFL7605H (also available in 37" size as well)
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40PFL7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Essential :
    100hz - yep, with 2ms response time
    Ethernet port - located on the back
    MOVIE playback via USB - yep - see spec list for files supported
    MPEG4 Tuner - has on board
    DLNA - certified for 1.5

Nice to have :
    Freesat HD - 'fraid not
    "Internet" TV - Its a wired NET TV but with the PTA01 wireless add on it can be wireless enabled. (this costs €49.99)
    Wireless option

It is a great TV all round - we have both screen sizes on display in The Philips Shop if you'd like a personal demo just call on in.

They blow you budget a bit however....but it is a pretty special TV
    The 40PFL7605H is €1299.99 and the 37PFL7605H is €999.99 but my arm can be twisted.

Check the spec out and let me know what you think.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Hi Ashley ,

Thanks for the reply . I definitely like the look of the 37" , I might try and arrange a look over the next week or so.

There is a SAMSUNG LE40B650 on the richersounds.com site . Any idea if this does MPEG4 ? Seems to satisfy a lot of what I'm after too .
    1. Is this suitable for Dublin ?
    2. What are the main advantages of the philips over this ?

I'm not sure if your Philips only , if so , maybe someone else from Richersounds can help ,

Cheers

Hi again

I'm all thing Philips as I'm based in The Philips Shop here in wet Dublin
    But I can look into this for you.
    Richer Belfast dont have it in stock and havent for most of the year - it may now be history.

I'll get back to you once I have info for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks for all your help .
    I do like the look of that Philips , but it might be stretching things just a little too far price wise. The Samsung LE40C650 might be the currently in stock one , but I just need a bit of advice regarding compatability with the incoming Irish Digital and also try convincing me why the Philips is worth the extra money !!!

Cheers again

Hi Mscull

Just got word from John Mc that Richer are out of stock on the 40B650.

Check out our website here (this is the TV section)
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm

Lots of temptation there!!
    If you can do with out DNLA/Ethernet and Net TV functions you might to consider one of our 5 series TV's
    All are 100Hz/2ms screens and will play various movie files back via USB

The 5605 range uses LED backlighting tech
    The 5405 range uses standard CCFL backlighting

These TV's are closer to your budget

Do call in as we have the bulk of the new range on display and I'd be happy to take you through them

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your Help .
    The problem is that now I've seen the 7000 series its very hard to go backwards (this is the type dilema i'm sure you like to see !!!).
    Can you PM me the best possible recession busting ,boardsie price on the 37PFL7605H and if its tempting enough , i'll pop in for a look.

Cheers

:D I see told you its a great TV!

I'll get a pm across to you now.

i have the TV in stock should want it asap as well

cheers
    Ash

Cheers Ashley , will pop in over the next week or so and ask for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

HD is yer only man.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.