Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG optimus

• 13-07-2010 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

ok it only got a resistive touchscreen, Android 1.6 and a 3.15 MP camera but as it is only €144 on meteor PAYG you can't really complain about it's lack of features. So anyone have one, if so what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It has brilliant specs for the money but i'd be wary of the resistive screen. Some are brilliant (Nokia N900 for example) and some are shockingly poor (LG Viewty for example).

Still though, €144 PAYG for that kind of spec is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I was just looking at the Meteor website today and it caught my eye. I am shopping around for a mid level Android phone and I dont know what to go for. I like the look of HTC wildfire but I am not sold on the screen.

i'm looking at the wildfire too, when is it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Wildfire will be out on 3 in August. Should be in the €249 region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Just got an Optimus today for the great price of free as a gift from meteor (work in store linked to meteor).

So far I cant fault it even if i've only used it for a few hours, im highly impressed.

Big step up from the 2330 I've had for the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I just checked the Meteor website and they have just added the Sony Ericsson X10 mini which has been getting great reviews. Only 249e online which is a very decent price. I am on the fence in regard what to buy, I am going to have a try of them all firstly.

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/sony_ericsson_x10_mini/#/in_all_phones

In relation to the X10 mini I would have to say wait for the pro to become available (if it ever does here:rolleyes:) as it has generally being getting slightly better reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Just got an optimus - its a gift for someone else - but had a little play :). Imo the screen is very different from my own hero. Alot less smooth when dragging my finger across it. The hero feels like you just need to glide your finger across, where as this is more like gouging a trench across the screen. Might just be that its new though ?

Otherwise looks nice and is responsive, plus you cant really argue when your getting a android phone for 150 quid - nothing else comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Anyone else have this phone?

Any idea how to forward texts? or send texts to multiple people? It's simple on most phones but cant work it out on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

blue-army wrote: »
    Anyone else have this phone?

Any idea how to forward texts? or send texts to multiple people? It's simple on most phones but cant work it out on this!

If its anything like my hero - you add the first contact then click in the To field again and it will allow you to add another

Advertisement