Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC V TNS - Champions League KO 7.45

• 13-07-2010 10:07am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ireland's entry in this years Champions League Bohemians kick off this evening V Welsh Champions TNS, in the second qualifying round. Even if you aren't a LOI/Bohs fan, your support would be very much appriciated at Dalymount.

Should be winnable for us, and progression to the next round will bring much needed finances, and a step closer to group stage European football.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

cmon the red and black

This should be winnable, always a bit concerned that Nutsy does not play aggressively enough in European ties. Last years home game against Red Bull was a classic example, we could have had that won long before that jammy goal.

would be great to get a decent run and it aint impossible thanks to the hard work in building up the co-efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Nothing should be taken for granted, but Bohs should do well in this game.

Hopefully it will be a good home result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'll be honest in that I want Bohs to lose (:P) but anybody in the area who wants to check out LOI (not to mention helping the coefficients) should head down for this and get behind one of our teams, especially if it's a nice evening.

Should be more than doable for Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'd advise people to come along. I heard this morning that the attendance will be lower than saturdays friendly with Wolves. This is by far a more important game and people should come along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I wasn't working and had money I would go. And that goes for regular LOI games too. Give it a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone got the odds for this match?

Betting sites blocked.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is this being aired on tv or interweb?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

syngindub wrote: »
    is this being aired on tv or interweb?

Not on Irish tele anyway. I think it is being broadcast on s4c in Wales, you might find a link online for that.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone got the odds for this match?

Betting sites blocked.

thanks

From Paddy Power:

Bohs 4/11 Draw 3/1 TNS 8/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not on Irish tele anyway. I think it is being broadcast on s4c in Wales, you might find a link online for that.

From Paddy Power:

Bohs 4/11 Draw 3/1 TNS 8/1

Cheers.

S4c website has nothing about it.

S4c can be got on Sky if they show it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The away leg is on Setanta Ireland anyway.

• Advertisement

I think it is being broadcast on s4c in Wales,

I think SC4 is free to air isn't it? I'm sure I've seen it on my channel list.

stovelid wrote: »
    I think SC4 is free to air isn't it? I'm sure I've seen it on my channel list.

Well I could always get in via aerial down in Wexford before they went digital so I'd assume it would be. Doesn't seem to be on their listings though, I thought I read it somewhere. If it's not, then extratime.ie are always the best for updates on Irish games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is it not S4C?

syngindub wrote: »
    is it not S4C?

Aye, Welsh Channel 4 I'm thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

best of luck, really hope they do it. irish football needs wins like this, we need our european sides to be winning games every year and slowly putting our local football on the map. what/who lies in wait if they progress?

best of luck, really hope they do it. irish football needs wins like this, we need our european sides to be winning games every year and slowly putting our local football on the map. what/who lies in wait if they progress?

Hopefully we get throught and we'd be throught to the 3rd qualifying round, were we'd be unseeded, Basel, Anderlecht and Copehagen are already there seeded. Other wise it could be the winners of:

Liepājas Metalurgs v Sparta Prague
    Hapoel Tel Aviv v Željezničar
    Linfield v Rosenborg
    Red Bull Salzburg :mad: v HB Tórshavn
    Litex Lovech v Rudar Pljevlja
    Dinamo Zagreb v Koper
    Partizan v Pyunik

If we win that tie, then it's the play off round for Champions, if we lose then we go into the play off of the Europa League.

Third qualifying round, I think,

Off the top of my head, I think they could get Zenit, Kiev, or Ajax there, IIRC.

I'm sure one of the Bohs lads can verify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

All the best lads.

This is the first I've heard about either game being on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Bohs are in the champions side of the draw so they can only meet other league winners. If Bohs win and all the favourites won their games, they'd play one of;

Basel
    Anderlecht
    Copenhagen
    Sparta Prague
    Hapoel Tel Aviv
    Rosenborg
    RB Salzburg
    Litex Lovech
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Partizan Belgrade

in the 3rd qualifying round. They can't meet Zenit, Kiev, Fener, Ajax etc because they're in the non champions side of the draw. If the CL opperates along the same lines as last year then it would be champions v champions in the play off round. Spurs, Sevilla etc would be in the separate non champions section, so they couldn't draw them (if they made it that far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I can understand it not being on Irish TV ,I hope a good crowd turns out for it though

• Advertisement

Bohs are in the champions side of the draw so they can only meet other league winners. If Bohs win and all the favourites won their games, they'd play one of;

Basel
    Anderlecht
    Copenhagen
    Sparta Prague
    Hapoel Tel Aviv
    Rosenborg
    RB Salzburg
    Litex Lovech
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Partizan Belgrade

in the 3rd qualifying round. They can't meet Zenit, Kiev, Fener, Ajax etc because they're in the non champions side of the draw. If the CL opperates along the same lines as last year then it would be champions v champions in the play off round. Spurs, Sevilla etc would be in the separate non champions section, so they couldn't draw them (if they made it that far).

Cheers.

Some very tough teams in there.

Gillington wrote: »
    I can understand it not being on Irish TV ,I hope a good crowd turns out for it though

I'd be more suprised if it was, if Bohs get through, the game will be on the same night as the Airtricity XI farce. Guess who RTE are showing? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

really looking forward to this nothing better than european nights in dalyer.. first game back since may:eek: on the game i dont think TNS should be taking for granted its a winnable tie but ive seen us fcuk up over the years so heres hoping for a win without giving away any away goals.

come on the big club..she wore she wore she wore a bohs ribbon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Living like a 10 minute walk from Dalymount I guess I have no excuse not to go

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

COME ON THE BOHS! :D

Can't wait for tonight :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can I still pay at the turnstyles? Being awhile since I've being to Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

RasTa wrote: »
    Can I still pay at the turnstyles? Being awhile since I've being to Dalymount.
    Yeah you can

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Und jetzt! Tor! Dass ist der Treffer fur Salzburg!:cool:

But realistically unfortunately, Bohs should win reasonably comfortably. Unless it's another Carmarthen Town Longford game:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Best of luck to Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just checked on that S4C channel and doesnt look like its on the tele anyway, but best of luck to Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Theres only about 2,500 expected so hopefully its higher than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The (new) old enemy RB Salzburg have won their 1st leg 5-0 against HB Torshavn from the Faroes. Sparta Prague look like they'll be in the next round too, 3-0 away win in Latvia.

Anyway, best of luck to Bohs tonight, anyone know if there's any radio coverage for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I reckon Bohs will take this one though i doubt it would be a walkover like when they played Rhyl a few years ago. Shame it's not on tv though.

Team Lineups from Uefa.com

23tf8kk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That Bohs team should have enough to put TNS away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Also:

http://xscores.com/LiveScore.do

I use it for all footy. Find it's among the quickest for updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

1-0

Killian Brennan '69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Big crowd. Jodi packed. Good game.
    Shame about the weather.

If it had been fine I reckon Bohs would have scored more and a lot more punters would have turned up..

Could have gone horribly wrong as TNS had a few chances but overall Bohs were the better team.

Bohs should have enough for the second leg.

Just finish it now lads.

(The Rovers manager Michael O'Neill was there with his Rovers tracksuit on.
    Looked a bit out of place to be honest but clearly he was doing his job and a bit of homework. Guess Rovers must be up for it this year)

Thought we could have gotten another couple at the end, Paddy Madden could've, and should've had a hattrick. Still, one up, clean sheet means no away goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Not a great score but they got the result. I thought Bohs would sale past them. I think they will get through but it doesnt look good for the rest of the tournament. Saying that i wasnt at the match so Bohs could of hammered them for the match but TNS got lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Pauleta wrote: »
    Not a great score but they got the result. I thought Bohs would sale past them. I think they will get through but it doesnt look good for the rest of the tournament. Saying that i wasnt at the match so Bohs could of hammered them for the match but TNS got lucky.

TNS had 2 great chances in the first half but fell apart and tired after the goal. We missed 4 or 5 sitters in the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think Bohs will have as many if not more fans than TNS across the sea when it comes to the 2nd leg. With that sort of away support the away leg shouldnt feel too awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Paddy Madden could of easily had a hat-trick, Quigley hit the crossbar too. Lot of chances missed, hope we don't rue these next week!

Said yesterday I'd take a 1-0, bit dissapointed now though, easily could have had 3 or 4. Great all round performance really, Keegan and Higgins were immense in the middle. Can't be too hard on Madden, been excellent for us and did everything but score tonight (think it was him who crossed for the goal?). He's still young and is learning. Clean sheet is very reassuring, and if we can get a goal over there we're sorted.

Overall, a pretty happy gypsie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Not a foregone conclusion with the upcoming fixture congestion. TNS could do ye yet.

Obviously, not taking anything for granted, but on tonights performance we should be able to get a result over there. They tired massively for the last 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement