Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your online reputation

Options
  • 13-07-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Just had a look at my xbox live gamertag reputation for the first time and wow!

Of the people who left feedback: 73% avoided me :eek:

And the reasons?
    Behaviour: Aggressive 7%, Unsporting 46%, Quit Early 23%

I am shocked! I've never quit an online match early ever! This is just salty people i reckon.

An a coincidental note: my win rate is 75% which is strangely close to my avoid rate :rolleyes:

So what are your online statistics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have similar bad rating, BUT i think that because RY spent a night sending random people this message "i have a very gay demeanor about myself"

i personally would never rate anyone, seems like a lot of effort with the stick and not effective enough

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You do pick Sagat and Rufus Terry.

I have an awful online rep but AJ plays some CoD game and apparently uses some shotguns which everyone hates. It's actually marginally gotten better since I started Guiling it up, which suprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Not to mention Hawk! People hate him.

The thing is, nobody bothers to give you rep if they like, its only the people that dislike you that give feedback so naturally its going to be bad.

I'm curious to see Ken B's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I have an awful online rep but AJ plays some CoD game and apparently uses some shotguns which everyone hates. It's actually marginally gotten better since I started Guiling it up, which suprises me.

1887 akimbo and I have not used them since the patch for the game which was over 6 months ago - face it, no one likes you, no one likes guile and back forward gay is not a strategy :eek:

Too soon?

animaX wrote: »
    Not to mention Hawk! People hate him.

The thing is, nobody bothers to give you rep if they like, its only the people that dislike you that give feedback so naturally its going to be bad.

I'm curious to see Ken B's :P

We had that problem in work a while back. Customer satisfaction survey that they would only be bothered filling out if they were pissed off - otherwise you got a thanks on the phone and that's it.

A real pain in the **** when your performance is linked to it.....

anyway, the amount of American kids and UK asbos on xbl means that you'll always get em 'rating' you. At this stage I even try to wind them up a bit with the exception of a good player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Another reason PSN is superior.

Don't like a player? Avoid, never see them again, no one cares about statistics.

ITT: We laugh at online play.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Another reason PSN is superior.

Don't like a player? Avoid, never see them again, no one cares about statistics.

ITT: We laugh at online play.

Yeh, except the PSN as a network is terrible. Typical Japs. Make a great game but can't do online properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lives rating system is utter crap and has no dignity integrity.

Its probable but I was referring to the network as a whole. The PSN is buggy as hell and doesn't compare to the reliability of xbl imho.

Not to say that xbl doesn't have its problems, but we have insiders in XBL live now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've still yet to experience any problems with PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

You do know on XBL you can give people bad rep for them 'Being too good'

Yeah, i lol'd too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yes, but that doesn't affect the percentage or their rep. That's simply a way for you to not bump into them again. People generally pick "too aggressive" out of spite if you beat them. I've 43% preferred me. I love it, it's like a trophy in itself!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yes, but that doesn't affect the percentage or their rep. That's simply a way for you to not bump into them again. People generally pick "too aggressive" out of spite if you beat them. I've 43% preferred me. I love it, it's like a trophy in itself!

well you might as well win something :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

See, DooM can make that insult, cause you know, he's able to beat me. You on the other hand ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    See, DooM can make that insult, cause you know, he's able to beat me. You on the other hand ;)

Challenge accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

my reputation is horrid cause I use abusive language when ever im on mic. Tis always good fun!

A right auld ding-dong starting in here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

yeah my avoid rate is up at around 70 %...........im an abusive unsporting ragequitter apparently:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

im a turbo using "c**t" terrorist with a 65% avoid rating apparently.

doesnt make a difference anyway to anything. thnigs that do make a difference are your profile descriptions. i got banned from xbox live for a day when somebody noticed my profile said, "stop using RPDs you f*****g spastics!!!!!". this went back to my modern warfare 2 days and in my defence anybody that uses an RPD in that game should be hung. so unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

this is all BIOMATs fault

• Advertisement

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    im an abusive unsporting ragequitter apparently:D

and a blanka player to boot ;)

Sometimes i'll beat a guy and get a message instantly expecting abuse but it actually turns out to be a good game message! Its wierd sometimes and almost impossible not to respond when you do get trash mail. I really wish there was an outbox though, to save messages that you've sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

74% avoid rate and counting.Well I never :eek:
    I could swear this was around the 60 mark before i started wearing kens new alt
    I think I might aim for the 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I haven't checked my reputation in a while......it must be near 100% avoidance by now. Apparently I trash-talk, cheat, rage-quit and display unsporting behaviour.

This is completely untrue......I never rage-quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Hey Committee,

Cough up some funds out of the equipment money.
    Cash prize for the most Hated Street fighter player on Xbox among us
    :pac:
    In real life as well:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Pretty easy to hate you Anima with your Rufus game :)

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Pretty easy to hate you Anima with your Rufus game :)

It's all coming out now :p

Did i play you recently. The name thomaseffect rings a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

76% preferred. God I'm a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I have something like 73% avoided, 2% - Trash Talk + Language. I never send abusive messages and never have my headset plugged in unless in a party.

Aggressive - 12%
    Unsporting - 47%
    Quit Early - 15%

Probably all due to my uber 1337 CoD skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

It's all coming out now :p

Did i play you recently. The name thomaseffect rings a bell
    Yep, you joined mine and PaulPesci's endless battle lobby, schooled both of us. I was using Zangief and never fought a good Rufus before so I didn't have a clue how to handle you :P
    Also, I'm 85% preferred, only been avoided once (unsporting conduct, I kept blowing up the planes in Battlefield 1943 so nobody could fly them, got off lightly :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

People are mostly going to use that when they are pissed from being beaten. So its not really something thats surprising and really its all pretty meaningless anyway.

I've still yet to experience any problems with PSN.

Well keep in mind if theres lag or internet issues, if your on PS3 people will say 'Oh its PSN' of your on a 360 people will say 'oh its your internet'

It is slower finding and joining games on PSN compared to winlive though anyway.
    Sometimes i'll beat a guy and get a message instantly expecting abuse but it actually turns out to be a good game message! Its wierd sometimes and almost impossible not to respond when you do get trash mail. I really wish there was an outbox though, to save messages that you've sent

Big thing I miss about winlive when I'm on psn is the ability to see and join the rooms my friends are playing in, or people I've met. On psn you can now at least SEE if your friends are in training mode or endless battle but you can't highlight and join game in progress or anything. Back in sf4 you couldn't even see what mode they're in so it used to be worse.

Big thing I miss about PSN when playing on winlive is my ability to see sent messages.

I have so many friends and get involved in so many conversations with people on PSN and live, I always forget who's who.

Often I'd log on to find a message from someone, either rage or positive, and I'd have no idea who it was or whatever. On psn I just highlight his name and select 'sent messages' and I see the messages I sent to him and I'll remember who he was then.

On winlive all I can do is send a message saying....'eh whos this again?'

They never reply. :(

Advertisement