Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO and DARE

• 13-07-2010 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

just found out my application for DARE was late!
    Am gutted to say the least.
    IS there any point in appealing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

No because the deadline was extended aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

just found out my application for DARE was late!
    Am gutted to say the least.
    IS there any point in appealing?
    Why was it late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 max power 18

Series of uneventful events.
    Didnt read the form properely.
    Teacher gave the wrong date{affecting several other students}
    ticked the HEAR box instead of the DARE.
    At the time realized the mistake and spoke with the COA.
    They said it would ok and they would tick the right box.
    But sadly application wasn't considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Doesn't sound like you have much of a leg to stand on for an appeal tbh.

If you do decide to go ahead, I would take a very conciliatory tone ... more "throw myself on the mercy of the court" than "I know my rights!", if you know what I mean.

Series of uneventful events.
    Didnt read the form properely.
    Teacher gave the wrong date{affecting several other students}
    ticked the HEAR box instead of the DARE.
    At the time realized the mistake and spoke with the COA.
    They said it would ok and they would tick the right box.
    But sadly application wasn't considered.

TBH, the CAO / DARE program aren't going to toss because the deadline was there and it is your fault that you didn't have it in on time. They are also going to turn around and say the deadline got extended by two weeks aswell. Good luck if you appeal it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

what deadline?? it was on the 7th of july

what deadline?? it was on the 7th of july

The deadline was the 1st of April but got extended to the 14th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Doesn't sound like you have much of a leg to stand on for an appeal tbh.

If you do decide to go ahead, I would take a very conciliatory tone ... more "throw myself on the mercy of the court" than "I know my rights!", if you know what I mean.

Hey guys,do you know if u can apply for dare if u develop a condition over time?My sister has developed blepharitis (eye inflammation) and it will impact her studies hugely next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

when are the rechecks out ??? I thought it was meant to be today

Your late I would say

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Hey guys,do you know if u can apply for dare if u develop a condition over time?My sister has developed blepharitis (eye inflammation) and it will impact her studies hugely next year.

What year is your sister in, has she finished 5th or 6th year?

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    What year is your sister in, has she finished 5th or 6th year?

Finished 5th year

Finished 5th year

What she will do is say she has a disability when she registers on the CAO. You say you have on where you put your courses in. She should tell her guidance Councillor aswell because a few forms have to be filled out with the DARE application.

DARE, is not solely about Learning Difficulties it accepts all types of Disabilities / Conditions. Once she has medical evidence IE a doctors report, she is in with a good chance of being accepted for the scheme.

unknown13 wrote: »
    What she will do is say she has a disability when she registers on the CAO. You say you have on where you put your courses in. She should tell her guidance Councillor aswell because a few forms have to be filled out with the DARE application.

DARE, is not solely about Learning Difficulties it accepts all types of Disabilities / Conditions. Once she has medical evidence IE a doctors report, she is in with a good chance of being accepted for the scheme.

Ok thanks.And also,she is applying to medicine so will she have to apply separately with the people who are over the hpat or does DARE cover the combined points?
    Thanks

Ok thanks.And also,she is applying to medicine so will she have to apply separately with the people who are over the hpat or does DARE cover the combined points?
    Thanks

She will have to ask the Universities Disability Department because they will know how that works for medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dude100

hey does anyone know if the minimum entry points for last year published by cao and dare reflect reduced points offers from the DARE scheme? ie if a course showed its minimum points offer for 2009 as 485 CAO points, does that mean that if the person who got that offer had qualified through DARE that they actually got these points, or had to get eg c. 525 points?

Also, if you have qualified for a DARE offer and you dont get your first choice of course, does the DARE route automatically apply to any other courses you applied for on your CAO form?

Thanks for any clarification possible

Advertisement