Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening installations?

• 13-07-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

upc don't which makes it difficult as i work regular hours. they do saturdays but i am rarely around. does any provider do evening weekday installations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

This is Ireland.
    The whole country shuts down after 6:00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

froog wrote: »
    does any provider do evening weekday installations?

UPC are one of the few providers that require access to your premises to install. The majority of available products are self install.
    This is Ireland.
    The whole country shuts down after 6:00pm.

More like 5 or 5.30. I wouldn't like to be scheduling any work after 5pm, it's likely that no one would ever turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

You can self install all UPC products now,including BB,if it requires no extra
    cabling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any satellite or proper Fixed Wireless needs installer.

If a house is wired for phone or UPC cable, then Broadband via phone or UPC may be self install. If there is a working existing service, then home install is the norm.

Advertisement