Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bargain Alerts

• 13-07-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what the xbox mods would think of a dedicated Bargain Alerts thread to be stickied here, like you find in eg Building and Upgrading in the computer hardware forum? somewhere for people who dont frequent BA too often but dont want to miss out on xbox games etc.

If ye dont mind, ill get the ball rolling...

Bioshock 2 [Amazon] £7.99 and free delivery if you spend over £25..

also, as a BA request, anyone know the cheapest price/place for BBC2 and Red Dead Redemption? best i can find for RDR is £37..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Can't find Red Dead any cheaper myself either, Bad Company 2 is £25 on Amazon which is the cheapest I can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks. what websites do you visit for online prices?

i use zavvi, play, thehut, amazon, simplygames.com and gameplay.co.uk..

maybe a few more but cant think of others. any good sites you can recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I use invisible hand (Firefox addon) to check prices when on some of the larger online retailers.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055865909&highlight=invisible+hand

And check out billybargain.co.uk for comparing prices on xbox games/ most things. It's prices are in sterling. I don't think it includes postage(s) to Ireland in its price comparisons.

http://www.billybargain.co.uk/games-xbox360-1.html

At the moment the cheapest place for BBC2 is £25 on amazon from both
    RDR is £36.93 from the hut on invisible hand and £35.99 from gameplay on billy bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Dont use FF, more an Opera fanboy myself :P but thanks for the billybargain link...bookmarked..

also HUKD is fantastic for bargains..

i went ahead and ordered RDR from amazon for £37, because i had bioshock2 in the basket and they qualify for free delivery. i can wait a while for BBC2 do drop in price some more, cause im in no rush to let go od MW1 and MW2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HMV still have Bionic Commando for €3.99 in some shops, they also had Lost for 5.99 which is good for an easy 1k GS but didn't have many copies from what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i concur sticky for the win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Keeping an eye on HotUKDeals and CheapAssGamer is always a good idea for spotting good deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

I use this, it's in sterling but still good.

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/videoGames.aspx

Advertisement