Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick WW2 Re-enactment Group

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello there to you all. My name is Cornelius, i live in Limerick and i run a WW2 Re-enactment Group. We portray the German Wehrmacht Brandenburg Commandos (www.brandenburgcommandos.webs.com). We are currently recruiting new members, if you are interested just get in touch. This truly is a wonderful hobby.

We are also building a US 2nd Armoured Division Group, Vehicles are in place and we are looking for people with passion. 41st Armoured Infantry will be in support, so if you have an interest in either, just get in touch.

We currently have members from Limerick, Clare, Cork, Kilkenny, Kildare and Dublin.
    Thank you, and i look forward to hearing from you.

Cornelius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

EDIT

Shakes head in disbelief.

/EDIT

better?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Fixed that for you. IMHO.

There's no need for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Interesting. Can we mention the war? :)
    Seriously though, how does this work? Guns with blanks etc? Might be fun, just wondering about the logistics of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mascarpone

EDIT

Shakes head in disbelief.

/EDIT

better?

:rolleyes: Your a twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Brandenburger

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback. Yes we do use blank fire, we display at shows where we teach about the War, we show Combat as well as Static living history. All fun, done with the utmost of respect to all involved in this War.

We have met and displayed with Veterans of the War, British, US & German, a real experience for us.

We "train" on a regular basis, where safety and authenticity are of primary importance.

Once again thank you for the feedback. If you or anyone you know may be interested in this great hobby, just get in touch.

Regards,
    Brandenburger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

can i be the French:D i give up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Howdy,

I'm not interested in Larping/Re-enacting myself but
    I love guns (and I am still Sane), Do a bit of Papertarget and clay shooting casually, and I collect Airsoft RIF's. Would LOVE some WWII replicas or blank firers or de-activated stuff but dont like the hassle of looking for letters from Local Supers etc. And trying to get permission
    for blackpowder or Blanks sounds like a headace when it comes to dealing with the local Gardai.
    I'm more into the collecting aspect rather than the
    wearing uniforms and roleplaying etc.

I know airsoft is not the same as the type of Re-enactment you do but
    you may find a few people interested in trying both.

If it is of any use to you. There are a number of people in
    the Limerick Area that play airsoft in Ballyneety at the weekends there is a skirmish site that is about 400m as the crow flies from the golf club. They tend to dress up
    in "load outs" casually rather than mil-sim. There are two
    lads that are brothers (twins) that wear WWII gear, One
    dresses up as an American the other as a German. They have all the gear and are good players too.

The site has a forum that you can visit.
    http://limerickairsoft.darkbb.com/

Or ask over on the airsoft board on the Limerick Thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055250251

PS. At the moment there is one of the online stores getting paperwork
    in order to import some WWII inert Grenades such as the Stick Grenades
    may be of interest to ya http://www.seairsoft.net

Also not sure if your into fireing the real thing but I'm a member of Midlands National Shooting center
    in Blueball in Offaly. There are a bunch of shooters there that own WWII rifles and do some
    vintage shooting, it may be another place to find people with similar interests as yourself.
    http://www.nationalshootingcentre.ie/

(And just in case there are any anti-gun types reading, I hate blood sports and hunting and
    only hurt paper)

~B

Advertisement