Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night owl or Early Bird?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

I'd consider myself a night owl but not a morning person! :p I need at least 9-10 hours sleep though. so what are you a night owl, early bird, morning person not a morning person discuss....:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Night owl, no bother sitting up until three/four in the morning, unfortuanltey still have to get up in the morning so this, by proxy, makes me not a morning person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Riddickcule

I never need much sleep at all, 5 hours would do me!

But yeah I'm a night owl, always always the last one in my house to hit the hay. And of course, the last one to wake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm an omni owl - start crashing by half ten in the night, but have trouble getting outta bed in the mornings. I can get up, but I never feel refreshed by sleep, always feel I could do with more. I'd give anything to be one of those who are as bright as a bird in the mornings and hop outta bed fresh as a daisy :( Cant do it though, I've tried everything - excersise, vitamins, supplaments, bed earlier, up earleir - nothing seems to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Im a night owl, never been good with mornings :) I work nights, i dont think i could ever get up at 9am and go to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm an omni owl - start crashing by half ten in the night, but have trouble getting outta bed in the mornings. I can get up, but I never feel refreshed by sleep, always feel I could do with more. I'd give anything to be one of those who are as bright as a bird in the mornings and hop outta bed fresh as a daisy :( Cant do it though, I've tried everything - excersise, vitamins, supplaments, bed earlier, up earleir - nothing seems to make a difference.

One day last week I slept from 8pm to 6am, thats 10 hours sleep and I still felt f*cking tired in the morning, I find opening the window and getting some fresh air helps to wake me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

IV allways been a stay up late person and allways worked nights iam just no good at mornings at all:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I'm most definitely a night owl and I'm not a morning person, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Also a night owl. I think asking this question on boards.ie is going to yield many of the same results (night owl), because most of us would probably only enter this forum for such a remedy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Definitely a night owl. My most productive hours would be between 22.00 and 03.00. As a result, I'm definitely not a morning person. I'm desperately grumpy when I wake up, and I don't function properly before about 11.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm at my most alert anytime between 2pm to 10pm but can vary from day to day depending how much sleep I get the night before and how rested I am. I can be fairly cranky in the morning as I often don't wake properly until anytime from 11am to 1pm regardless what time I wake/get up in the morning/afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Big time night owl, usually stay up until at least 3am, hate the mornings big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

im an early bird, love getting up and knowing that im off to do something with my day e.g. a while ago my boyfriend and i got up at like quarter to six to drive up to armagh to see the giants causeway. Love getting up early to do thst kinda stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Definate early bird, I don't enjoy staying up late and prefer going to bed early and waking fresh & ready to enjoy the whole day :)

Advertisement