Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth Pubs

Options
  • 13-07-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

A friend is getting married so to celebrate we’re charting a boat for the day and a couple of lads are going fishing from Howth. We were going to have a few pints in Howth afterwards before heading back into Dublin city for the rest of the night. We’re not going to be going mad, just looking to see where you’d recommend as we don’t know Howth at all. We’d be looking for one place with decent (none of your fancy stuff) pub grub too. Aplogies if this is covered somewhere else I couldn’t see any other threads specifically about Howth pubs and boards.ie usually comes up with the goods.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

surfjunky wrote: »
    A friend is getting married so to celebrate we’re charting a boat for the day and a couple of lads are going fishing from Howth. We were going to have a few pints in Howth afterwards before heading back into Dublin city for the rest of the night. We’re not going to be going mad, just looking to see where you’d recommend as we don’t know Howth at all. We’d be looking for one place with decent (none of your fancy stuff) pub grub too. Aplogies if this is covered somewhere else I couldn’t see any other threads specifically about Howth pubs and boards.ie usually comes up with the goods.
    Thanks

The Waterside has just had a revamp and opened up again last friday. They do nice pub grub and also a restaurant upstairs if you wanted to a book a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

The Bloody Stream is a nice pokey pub for a few pints and they do deliver on the pub grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Please use the standard font in future. Large fonts make it appear that you are 'shouting'.

Thanks,

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your best options:

Bloody Stream
    Findlaters (fancy)
    Waterside
    Pier House
    Abbey Tavern (I think there's no bar food after 6)
    Krugers

There's also a load of restaurants and tapas places on and around the pier if you want go for that kind of option and head for pints later.
    More info: http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/north_dublin/howth.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

Apologies about the larger font, a casualty of 'copy and paste'. Thanks for the tips, I like the sound of the "pokey" Bloody Stream, great list of other pubs too, I'll let you know how we get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

+1 for The Bloody Stream.

What's the name of the pub with the fish in the ceilings?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

That was called Ba mizu but it's shut now.

+1 on waterside.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭LilMsss

The Summit Inn is quite nice, but is a little further up Howth Hill than some of the others that were mentioned. It's an old-fashioned pub with decent enough food, but may be too far out for what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Ray von wrote: »
    That was called Ba mizu but it's shut now.

+1 on waterside.
    Ah right, thanks. That's a shame, I really liked that bar.

Advertisement