Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut "student ID discount" problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The student card is their pass. Its a wireless chip system.
    The reduced price ticket you bought is for something else altogether (voordeelurenabonnement)

The common mistake is people buy the 40% discount card thinking its for students. I think you were lucky to get off with it to be honest.

Wouldnt want someone to see this and think that you can get away with it easily.. seeing foreigners stung for a control ticket is a common sight.

Ah ok, my mistake.

I have an OV Chipkaart aswell which was extremely handy and cost effective. Anyway, enough of our off topic-ness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    Recently, I went to Pizza Hut with a friend, who is a student. They had an offer for 20% off for students. Before we ordered, we asked if this was valid with an Irish student card as the Pizza Hut in question was in China. They took my friends student card to check with a manager, before coming back to us to confirm that yes it was.

However, when it came time to pay, they changed their minds and suddenly said they only accept Chinese student cards, and even those have to be from certain "approved" Chinese universities.

Suffice to say, after having been a Pizza Hut customer in Ireland for years, I do not plan to frequent their restaurants anymore.

This is an Irish forum, who do you think is going to care about your non-story that happened in China?!?! See, this is what blogs are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please, take it a little easy on the OP.

dudara

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

OP you should try phoning the Pizza Hut head office in Bejing.

Be careful though cause, there are so many Wings and Wongs that you're liable to Wing the Wong number...:p

I genuinely Lol'ed ... class !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - please, take it a little easy on the OP.

dudara

Why??:D

He was in China which has some of the most diversified, cheapest and greatest food on the planet and he goes to a PIZZA HUT!!:eek::eek::eek:

I suppose he then went to McDonalds the next night!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Erra come on lads .. I live in Holland and come on here ffs :)

My dutch isn't that good .. I can understand why the op came on here even if it was to vent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So of the whole big international adventure the only hassle was being slightly conned in a Chinese Pizza Hut? Maybe you had better stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

91011 wrote: »
    Why??:D

Because I am the forum moderator and I have asked you to do so.

I think enough people have commented on this situation. There is no need to turn this into After Hours.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement