Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Question

• 13-07-2010 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there,
    I was wondeing if anyone could answer this for me please???

Under what circumstances can an act passed by the oireachtas be struck down by the high court or supreme court?

Thanks so much for helping me..

Ayala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

it cant only be struck dwn by supreme court only, and this is when it is still a bill, not an act.
    this happens when uppon signin the bill the president decides to find if it is constitutional ,an so it is sent to the S.C.- if it is found unconstitutional it is struck out, if not it is signed by president an in law

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sinbadthesailor

An Act can also be found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court- though not likely to do it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ayala89

What is the law in Ireland regarding media criticism of a judges decision?

Any case laws would be a huge help!!

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Advertisement