Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in city center for appartments help...

Options
  • 13-07-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    Wondering if you could help me with this.
    A friend of mine is living in the UK untill the end of the month and wants to move back to Dublin to live with me in a 2 bed apartment which is fine as we have lived together before and get on grand. The only thing is its all up to me to find the place and i'm finding it all a little bit overwhelming.
    She does not mind where we live but the apartment has to come with a parking space. I was thinking Smithfield or Stoneybatter area as its handy for me as i work in the city centre. But i'm not too sure about the areas here. Can anyone help me here cause i dont want to get a place thats lovely but find there is loads of junkies at night time hanging around.
    Or can anyone else recommend another area really close to the city centre?
    At the moment i am living in Phibsboro.
    I am going to start viewing places from the 19th july when i get her half of the deposit.

Our budget is between 8/900pm for a 2 bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Bridgewater Quay at Islandbridge D8 might suit (jsut opposite the Phoenix Park), It's just that little bit out of town so it's quiet, secure, parking available and close to the city centre, 10 min walk from Hueston station and loads of busses outside that will get you into town in 5 mins flat. Only drawback, no local shop in the area. There might be some of the 2 bed places up on Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

conorhal wrote: »
    Bridgewater Quay at Islandbridge D8 might suit (jsut opposite the Phoenix Park), It's just that little bit out of town so it's quiet, secure, parking available and close to the city centre, 10 min walk from Hueston station and loads of busses outside that will get you into town in 5 mins flat. Only drawback, no local shop in the area. There might be some of the 2 bed places up on Daft.

None listed under 900 for Islandbridge :-(
    I think the lack of a shop in the area is a big no no.
    Thanks for that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Try around Portobello, or would you consider Rathmines? It's within walking distance of the City Centre. Also try around Grand Canal Street, plenty to let there.

Don't be afraid to search for places a little above your budget, you can always try to negotiate them within budget.

Advertisement