Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS settings for Nexus One? (FRF91)

Options
  • 13-07-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi All -

Apologies for resurrecting something that has most likely been discussed on here previously, but I've tried all the other threads and still nothing working.

As the title suggests, I'm in no-mans land for MMS with my Nexus one standard FRF91 on Meteor.

These are the settings I'm using:

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    Port: 8799
    Username: my
    Password: mms
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS Port: 8799
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 03
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: mms

A friend sent me an MMS to test it out, but haven't received anything, I've also tried sending one to myself but after about 20 mins of sending... it eventually alerts me that it's failed.

Anyone successfully using MMS on Nexus One care to share their settings?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

If it helps at all, the settings that I'm using for Data access (which works fine):

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set:
    Password wap (I think)
    MMSC: Not Set
    APN Type: Not Set

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I cant get MMS to work on the Desire. The message comes in, but fails to download. I cant send any either. I have tried every setting that I can find :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Who'd have thunk it

Deleting any APN that I had added, then selecting 'Reset to default' from the APN list menu while connected to 3G automatically set up both Data and MMS APNs for me.

Can't see for certain what's different from the ones I had added, but it works fine now.

Just tried that myself. Works fine now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

I'm having the same problem on the Galaxy S - it's really frustrating as I rarely use MMS but i needed to a couple of days ago and now I've a state of the art phone it seems to fall down on something phones have been doing for years:)

I've tried resetting to factory default but no luck!

droidman wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem on the Galaxy S - it's really frustrating as I rarely use MMS but i needed to a couple of days ago and now I've a state of the art phone it seems to fall down on something phones have been doing for years:)

I've tried resetting to factory default but no luck!

Did you delete the APN's first? I deleted the APN's, connected to the 3G/HSPA network, and then reset the APN's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

I had an issue like this before with a business mobile from eircom. their tech support emailed me these generic settings. if your meteor then just replace everywhere is says "eircom" with "meteor"

Name this APN “Eircom Wap”
    APN: data.eircom.ie
    Port:8799
    Password: data
    Server: http://data.eircom.ie
    MMSC: mms.eircom.ie
    MMS proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS port:8799
    APN type: default
    Hit menu, and save... this should bring u back to the APNs menu

Hit Menu again and select new APN
    Name this one Eircom mms and the following settings:
    APN: mms.eircom.ie
    Server: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMS proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS port: 8799
    APN type: mms
    Hi All -

Apologies for resurrecting something that has most likely been discussed on here previously, but I've tried all the other threads and still nothing working.

As the title suggests, I'm in no-mans land for MMS with my Nexus one standard FRF91 on Meteor.

These are the settings I'm using:

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS Port: 8799
    APN Type: mms

A friend sent me an MMS to test it out, but haven't received anything, I've also tried sending one to myself but after about 20 mins of sending... it eventually alerts me that it's failed.

Anyone successfully using MMS on Nexus One care to share their settings?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

If it helps at all, the settings that I'm using for Data access (which works fine):

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set:
    Password wap (I think)
    MMSC: Not Set
    APN Type: Not Set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

antodeco wrote: »
    Did you delete the APN's first? I deleted the APN's, connected to the 3G/HSPA network, and then reset the APN's.

I don't have the option of deleteing them just to add one or to reset to factory defaults unfortunately. Will mess about with them again later but i must have tried 12 combinations at this stage:)

Advertisement