Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPSN for kids born in Sweden

• 13-07-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, Hope this is the right area to ask:

My brother has returned home from Sweden after living there for 9 years (he is Irish by the way). The whole family are now bundled up in my home. He married his Swedish wife 5 years ago and they have two children together. His wife worked in Ireland before they moved and she has a PPSN in her maiden name.

My first question is how do they get PPSN's for the children?

My second question is needs another explanation first. While in Sweden, my brother worked in Denmark up until the end of last year when the company dropped most of the staff. Since then he was on benefits and his wife was receiving study benefits. He came over here a few weeks ago to make face to face inquiries before making the move.....the welfare office confirmed he could transfer his benefits for 3 months and claim for the family. So, Long story short, the same information was given to them the first day they arrived, but because their case is "unique" an appointment was set for yesterday. I accompanied them. My brother was told that he had to claim separately and that his wife would have to claim for her and the kids, but would not likely receive any help. I think they were treated very unfairly and would appreciate your advice/opinions on this. They have no plans to remain on welfare, but they need some help to get on their feet right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

goz83 wrote: »
    My first question is how do they get PPSN's for the children?
    Depends where you live in Dublin? Go onto their website and locate the nearest PPS office.
    goz83 wrote: »
    My second question is needs another explanation first. While in Sweden, my brother worked in Denmark up until the end of last year when the company dropped most of the staff. Since then he was on benefits and his wife was receiving study benefits. He came over here a few weeks ago to make face to face inquiries before making the move.....the welfare office confirmed he could transfer his benefits for 3 months and claim for the family. So, Long story short, the same information was given to them the first day they arrived, but because their case is "unique" an appointment was set for yesterday. I accompanied them. My brother was told that he had to claim separately and that his wife would have to claim for her and the kids, but would not likely receive any help. I think they were treated very unfairly and would appreciate your advice/opinions on this. They have no plans to remain on welfare, but they need some help to get on their feet right now.
    Visit the local Community Welfare Officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I passed the information onto the local politician and he will deal with the case. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. The PPSN's must be retrieved from Kings Street regardless of local district I am told.

Advertisement