Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else miss Girls Aloud?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I know that most people who read this thread will say "they have split up" or something like that, but I'm just wondering does anyone else miss them.

To be honest I am not very keen on Cheryl Cole's plans to release a second solo album. I will buy it and listen to the songs, but I would still rather see a new GA album.

Personally I believe they will reunite either in 2011 or 2012 for a new album. They have just not agreed on when to reunite yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I do not miss them whatsoever, hopefully they never come back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

<grammar>It's Girls Aloud</grammar>
    I don't miss them either but I hope they get back together as a group as then there would be less chance of a bunch of their solo albums released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I didn't even notice they'd gone. Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Right now I am just hoping that with the new solo album, Cheryl Cole is just hoping she will break the US market and that will help GA to break it also.
    I really don't think they should disband. GA are still young and they should still be making music. I hate that when boy bands/girl bands throw it all away for solo careers. It happened to the Spice Girls, Atomic Kitten, N*Sync to name but a few..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

karaokeman wrote: »
    I hate that when boy bands/girl bands throw it all away for solo careers. It happened to the Spice Girls, Atomic Kitten, N*Sync to name but a few..........

To be fair, anything that Justin Timberlake did under his own name has been far better than anything N*Sync ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I miss them....cos my aim with a shotgun aint what it useda be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Out of interest, just checked the wikipedia, the last album was 2 years ago, they have hardly been away!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

I liked their singles, but I would check out the rest of their album on Youtube and wouldnt like alot of it much [except for the odd track, or something that was actually going to be released as a single]. Its like they got a few good songs to make money from put onto the album, and the rest were fillers.

I prefer Cheryl solo. I've loved her mostly since she went onto the X Factor. Never liked the others though. And I think her album was really good too(: So if GA don't do anything else, I'm not bothered much, as long as Cheryl keeps making music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I miss their legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I like what Roy "Chubby" Brown said, with intense venom, when asked his opinion on Girls Aloud (in the early days):

"Girls aloud? Oh yeah, they're aloud all right... allowed to SUCK MY COCK!!!"

Odious **** but by god did that make me laugh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Caught wrote: »
    I liked their singles, but I would check out the rest of their album on Youtube and wouldnt like alot of it much [except for the odd track, or something that was actually going to be released as a single]. Its like they got a few good songs to make money from put onto the album, and the rest were fillers.

I prefer Cheryl solo. I've loved her mostly since she went onto the X Factor. Never liked the others though. And I think her album was really good too(: So if GA don't do anything else, I'm not bothered much, as long as Cheryl keeps making music.

I totally disagree.
    Cheryl solo is nothing compared to Girl's Aloud as a 5-piece.
    Anyways the rumour was dismissed about them dropping Nadine just last week, and it was also hinted there is a new album coming in 2011 (no release date has been confirmed yet though).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Cheryl is ****. I too would like some new Girls Aloud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

the only place i want to see Girls aloud is in my bedroom, naked assuming position :D;)

Advertisement