Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lee Swim 2010 - call for volunteers

Options
  • 13-07-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone, I've been delegated the job of organising volunteers to help steward at the Lee Swim this year. The swim is one of the top open water swimming events in Ireland. The Lions Club is the official charity of the event.

The main role of the volunteers will be to steward the various bridges between the mercy Hospital on the North Channel to the Clarion hotel on the south channel. The biggest issue to watch for is that people potentially watch the swimmers and then forget the roads are open and might try to step out into traffic. Stewards will have bibs and work in conjunction with pro security staff. The briefing for the volunteers will be at 1:30 on 24th July in the Clarion hotel and stewards will be assigned specific roles there and go straight to their position. the swimmers start at 15:30 and should be finished by 17:30.

if anyone is willing to help, could you pm me
    -name
    -email
    -mobile number
    and I can send any other details you need.

Thanks.

Advertisement