Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multiple gmail accounts on new android phones

• 13-07-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm still trying to make that final decision on which new android phone (see http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963395 )

...but something interesting just came up.

A new job I'm starting use google apps for their company email - so gmail. I have a gmail account, so I assume I'll be taking advantage of the multi-account support introduced in 2.0.

Just wondering in practice, have people used this feature and how have they found it? Obviously work vs. personal emails are important to seperate, anyone doing things this way and finding it works well / bad ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

works fine for me.

I have two gmail accounts separated and a few others forwarded to one or the other and both can sync in the gmail app.

the first is the main one - which does contacts as well, the others do email/calendar.

I also tried the mail application for imap/exchange that works fine too for keeping things separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've got 3 gmail accounts setup on mine with all 3 delivering email and syncing the calendar. Never had any issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, I've got 3 GMail accounts too.

You have options to sync or not with contacts, gmail and calendar for each account.

Email's are separated by account ('click here to switch account' style). Contacts are all together -- I guess 'grouping' your contacts would be the best way if you want to distinguish between work / real life.

Calendar's are altogether too, though it's easy to switch off or view only one calendar on the fly, and you can assign colour codes to different categories ('work', 'family', etc.).

Other apps that use Google accounts (maps, for instance) usually let you choose and switch between the various accounts you've set up on your phone.

In short, it works really well :). Google have unsurprisingly made it quite easy to use Google on their Google phones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've 2 gmail accounts on mine. But I use K-9 as my email app. It gives you an integrated email box with all mails for one address in one colour and for the second in another. It's quite nice.

But the killer features for me are that I can compose mail while offline (couldn't on the built in app) and I've no data plan. Also I can send mail as myemail@mydomain.com. I couldn't do that in the built in app either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Sounds ****ing sweet. Thanks guys.

i-love-android.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement