Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for new surfboard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

Every one who say's that is selling a fish, keep doing what you are doing and see if you borrow boards from friends to try as many different boards as you can then see what you like.

Thanks for the help, yeah it's the best option. Would use the board longer but only have it for another month and don't really want to purchase a beginner board again and then after a few months want to get a more suitable board.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

aquaman wrote: »

- Next stage learn how to turn left :D

Evey surfer starts out like Derek Zoolander :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

keryl wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, yeah it's the best option. Would use the board longer but only have it for another month and don't really want to purchase a beginner board again and then after a few months want to get a more suitable board.

Keep an eye out on gumtree, done deal, adverts and irishsurfer there's boards poping up all the time, you'll get something for about 250 and sell it again for 200 if you don't abuse it. Don't be shy about putting up a wanted add. What you want is something like a 7'6 min mal by 21 22 inches wide , a narrow board is twitchiey and hard to pop up on. I've never surfed a fish but to me they have a place in weaker summer waves. If you see a good longboad going cheap grab it you'll have a ball. There was one guy selling 3 boards all under 100 on done deal last week one was a snapped and fixed longboard with a bag got 50 the bag alone was worth that and for a beinner who cares if it was snapped and fixed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭aongo

why are people always so keen to get rid of so-called "beginner" boards all the time?

if know anything about surfing's history, it was australian nat young that was involved in introducing the "short board" to america in the 60's and that was just shy of 9' long! up to that people experimented, but the general trend was boards of 9 - 14' long - men, women and children rode them and as documented by photogs Ron Stoner, Leroy Grannis etc. they f*cking ripped on them from mellow malibu to drop-in and die wiamea and sunset

it doesn't matter what board your are on, you will never fully master it, and that goes for everyone from kelly slater to the person just after their first lesson - there is always bigger, deeper, faster, longer etc... etc...

- you can spend the rest of your life charging on that battered bic, take-off, 18 carot gold, diamond encrusted al merrick hand-delivered by the man himself or what-ever the hell board you're on now and as your surfing progresses, your board (as long it stays in one piece) will be there for you to do it on... the quicker that one realises that that THE LIMIT TO MY SURFING PROGRESSION IS NOT MY BOARD, IT IS ME the happier you'll be...

but by all means support your local shaper if you need a new one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

I'm not getting rid of it, I just won't have it after next month. I would gladly use it as long as possible until I really need to upgrade. It's not a case of blaming the board, it's like a footballer wanting Predators, if your no good, the boot won't do anything for you.
    I just need to know what to get when I have to purchase a board in two months time.

Thanks Spacehopper, I'll just try a few boards out but I think something like the 7'6 might be best, I don't want to jump too far and stop my progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

keryl wrote: »
    I'm not getting rid of it, I just won't have it after next month. I would gladly use it as long as possible until I really need to upgrade. It's not a case of blaming the board, it's like a footballer wanting Predators, if your no good, the boot won't do anything for you.
    I just need to know what to get when I have to purchase a board in two months time.

Thanks Spacehopper, I'll just try a few boards out but I think something like the 7'6 might be best, I don't want to jump too far and stop my progress.

http://www.adverts.ie/252122/water-sports/hifly-7-10-surfboard-for-sale/

Offer no more than 220

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

their repair service isn't busy for no reason:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

glide wrote: »
    wow i need to raise my prices, im cheaper than all of them!
    and all handshapes!

+1 ...and those last few ones you finished are pure gems !!

Advertisement