Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work during Galway Races

Options
  • 13-07-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Anybody know of anywhere taking on for the week of the Races?

e.g Bar staff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I think the Radisson SAS takes on a few extra around race week. Worth asking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Find out who's doing the security at the events they'll let absolutely anybody work for them. They often tend to hire students and other young folks that wouldn't be looking for more money. There's little more to it than standing around all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anyone know whos doing security and do you have to be qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You don't need to be qualified, they let me do it. :D

In fact the last time I did security work I arrived separately to the rest of the crew I was supposed to be working with, didn't know the names of who I was working with and they just shrugged their shoulders threw me a high vis vest and put me in the rolling stone personal tent for the day. Never got paid for it though, didn't mind to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

• Advertisement
Advertisement