Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC/Laptop repair?

• 13-07-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get a DC jack repair for my laptop locally?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

It think the internet cafe beside Hallmark card shop across from Supermac's do that type of thing. They fixed my laptop but that when It was Virus but might be able to help in this case.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Where is local, few people about that do that type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

tullamore, so anywhere in the vicinity would be great, athlone, portlaoise even.
    My husband is getting in touch with a friend of his who works in that field to see if he knows of someone, but anymore recs would be great in case he doesnt.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I second John 187, the guys up there really know what they're doing, and they'll take a look at anything and seem to be happy to order in any parts required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭jamesd

Midland computers athlone
    Baylough,
    Athlone,
    Co. Roscommon.
    Phone

Tel: (090) 64 35040
    Fax: (090) 64 44921

Think its something like €90 max excluding parts for job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

McKenna Electrical in the bridge centre do repairs, upgrades, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

John 187 wrote: »
    It think the internet cafe beside Hallmark card shop across from Supermac's do that type of thing. They fixed my laptop but that when It was Virus but might be able to help in this case.

I gave them a call, but they dont have insurance to cover soldering apparently, so they dont do that kind of repair.

I'll try McKenna Elec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,011 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is a new branch of this store open in Edenderry that are supposed to be pretty handy.

I don't know why its not on their webstie. :confused:

Advertisement