Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightsaver query

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

customer is changing to nightsaver

meter cabinet is located at rear of building and below regulation height

will that be an issue or not - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not a new connection, just a change of meter so i cant seeing it being a problem tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

M cebee don't think it should be a problem either
    only if they are looking for a cert will it become a problem as currently they are doing everything to the letter of the law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

excuse my dumbness here,but,whats nightsaver???

Its a dual tariff meter. You have a rate for day, and a reduced rate for night time. You do have a higher standing charge though. Depends on usage if it makes it cheaper.

Davy wrote: »
    Its a dual tariff meter. You have a rate for day, and a reduced rate for night time. You do have a higher standing charge though. Depends on usage if it makes it cheaper.

I didnt know such a thing existed.

So,if you have your lights on at night (which you naturally would do) then its on a cheaper rate then the normal rate?

And the same for say,using the washing machine and/or dishwasher only at night??

Thanks for the info.:)

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    I didnt know such a thing existed.

So,if you have your lights on at night (which you naturally would do) then its on a cheaper rate then the normal rate?

And the same for say,using the washing machine and/or dishwasher only at night?

Thanks for the info.:)

Yes, thats exactly how it works. Then night rate is 11pm to 8am in wintertime and 12am to 9am in summertime. You can get the meter put in for free, but if you decide you want to switch back, it will cost you just shy of €200.

Davy wrote: »
    Yes, thats exactly how it works. Then night rate is 11pm to 8am in wintertime and 12am to 9am in summertime. You can get the meter put in for free, but if you decide you want to switch back, it will cost you just shy of €200.

Deffinately have to look into this more now.

Thanks for that info.:)

No probs.

Just make sure it will benefit your usage. Work out your annual usage, then from that you will know how many units you have to use on the night rate instead to make a saving.

If you are with esb customer supply, (not airtricity or bord gáis) then you can request the change on their new forum on boards>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Meter cabinet should be okay, once it's not in a crazy location.

As regards double tarriff, I changed myself, and you do need to do your sums. We run dishwashers etc. at nightime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

paddy147 wrote: »
    Deffinately have to look into this more now.

Thanks for that info.:)

there is a standing charge per bill for it also,so make sure you would be using enough electricity at night time to make some savings,its very handy for people with storage heaters or heat pumps for geo-thermal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Essential in both cases. I've heard some horror stories about geothermal tbh, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Essential in both cases. I've heard some horror stories about geothermal tbh, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

i have heard a few horror stories myself but as you said its not really for this thread just wanted to make the op aware that he needs to be using x amount of units to get the benefit of night rate

Advertisement